The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
tmoble

anybody know about 57 deluxe heater

I've owned this truck since 83, heater core leaked in 84, disconnected in 84, moved to Phx in 85, never fixed it. It's a deluxe heater, have a couple questions.

There's a hot/cold lever but there's no water valve in the box. there's something that looks like a valve but it's hollow, no parts inside. Also, there's no place on the box to mount a control cable for it if it was a valve. This truck is also missing the hot/cold lever since I had it. Is this some semi-deluxe heater deal?

Anyway, had the core fixed, had a leak at the tank seam. cleaned out the heater box, re-assembled. It was really pretty clean, went together pretty good.

Cleaned out the fan box, tested the fan, it's good. runs good, no noise, blows a LOT of air. installed the fan and heater, now the fan squawks like a bad GM fan motor usually squawks. loosened up the mounting bolts, jiggled it in case the box was stressed somehow, no help.

Replaced the defrost hoses, OK. But not much air out the drivers defrost vent. Anyway to fix this? I spent time routing the hose so it's as straight as possible.

Amazing to me, the fan switch was good.

Any bright ideas?
tmoble is offline   Reply With Quote