The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
caminokid
Chevy nut

What to do with people who disrespect your truck

Here is whats going on. Most of you know that I was asked to move out of my g/f's house. We are back together again and is very happy now...but I wont move back in with her. The landlord I have is throwing old coffee cups and and other peoples garbage in the back of my truck. It started when he asked if I would go pick up 2 motorcycles for him. The bad floor was covered with trans fluid where I had picked up some trans cores for a tranny shop. He said he would clean out the truck for me. He dumped about 10 pounds of kitty litter in the bed of my truck. He left it. We went and got the bikes...took them to my shop...they need about 1200.00 of work to make them right. While we was at the place getting the bikes...he decided to pick up the boxes the was sitting outside these peoples door. He said he would get rid of them for them. Well while my truck has been driven back and forth to my shop...and he gets up earlier then me...he has been throwing old coffee cups out of his car into the back of my truck...along with the other crap he left back there. I cleaned out my truck today. Took it to the car wash and hosed out the kitty litter. I told him...he throws one more thing back there that isnt metal...I will go out pick up everyones garbage on garbage night...bring it back and dump it inside and on top of his mercedes.

"Remember kids there is NO replacement for displacement!"
caminokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:08 AM   #2
sleepyboy
'69 Step

Re: What to do with people who disrespect your truck

You warned him once, file a police report. I am sure you will hear, "can you prove it is him?" though.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:12 AM   #3
fine69

Yea ,i had a buddy who wanted to throw heavy stuff in the back of my 69 GMC.
It was a nice truck. Very nice. I hauled stuff in it. But we were hauling a load of stuff. And he was throwing heavy stuff in. I asked him to quit. He said, Its an old truck. I said, it is, but its MY TRUCK. And i dont want you to be denting the floor.
I said, would you like me to throw stuff in your new Suburban? He said NO of course. I said, whats the difference?

Problem solved.

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:12 AM   #4
phanatic32212
It's Done When It Runs!!

as long as I knew it was him, I would follow up on your threat, but thats just me
Old 02-16-2008, 02:13 AM   #5
caminokid
Chevy nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
You warned him once, file a police report. I am sure you will hear, "can you prove it is him?" though.
All they have to do is look in all his cars and match up the same exact cup. I wouldnt call the cops anyways. This is a man to man thing. garbage is petty...but I dont want to have to clean it out all the time cause he is to lazy to walk 5 more feet to the dumpster. Plus I have seen him toss crap into the back of my truck.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:16 AM   #6
caminokid
Chevy nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Yea ,i had a buddy who wanted to throw heavy stuff in the back of my 69 GMC.
It was a nice truck. Very nice. I hauled stuff in it. But we were hauling a load of stuff. And he was throwing heavy stuff in. I asked him to quit. He said, Its an old truck. I said, it is, but its MY TRUCK. And i dont want you to be denting the floor.
I said, would you like me to throw stuff in your new Suburban? He said NO of course. I said, whats the difference?

Problem solved.
My truck isnt anything. Bed is in need of replacing. The cab is shot. Front sheet metal is beyond repair. But the point is...its mine. If I need to haul something I dont want to have to clean it out to do it. I was just in a rant here guys. He came in at the right time for me to give him a piece of my mind.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:36 AM   #7
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Catch him in the act, video or photo, otherwise it will be your word against his.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:03 AM   #8
Ole Blue 68

How long has this been going on for? Maybe he figured that since he was gonna clean out your truck anyways, a couple of coffee cups wouldn't make a difference? If it's been going on a long time, then you need to bust his a$$.
Ole Blue 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:11 AM   #9
caminokid
Chevy nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Blue 68 View Post
How long has this been going on for? Maybe he figured that since he was gonna clean out your truck anyways, a couple of coffee cups wouldn't make a difference? If it's been going on a long time, then you need to bust his a$$.
I cleaned out 27 cups. Its been 2 months now.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:14 AM   #10
Ole Blue 68

Oh no, it's go time....
Ole Blue 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:20 AM   #11
Trey`

Quote:
Originally Posted by caminokid View Post
Should of stacked them on the hood of the Mercedes, some people have no respect.

"We, the unwilling, led by the unquailified, have been doing the unbelievable for so long with so little, we now attempt, the impossible with nothing"
Trey` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:41 AM   #12
Scott Webster
Sheetmetal Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey` View Post
Should of stacked them on the hood of the Mercedes, some people have no respect.
Kinda reminds me of that commercial where the guy collects everything another guy throws out his car window over a year then makes a big piece of "art" on his car with it.
Future mods: 67 front clip

Webby's Rigginations - where everything has potential!
Scott Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:43 AM   #13
drunkbus

Set all of his trash aside somewhere in a trash bag and next time he leaves his car unlocked dump it inside. That should get the point accross.
drunkbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:53 AM   #14
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Well, 20 or 30 yrs ago, I might have opened the door on his car & "whizzed" on his upolstery......or threated to kick his azz! Im a little more mellow now....id just feed him to my DOGS! Seriously, people like that have no respect, & you cant talk with them(and make a diff).....park the truck away from there, or put a cover on the bed ,so he CAINT toss anything in it. Its not worth gettin your azz in trouble over(its still not right), but you dont need the trouble crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:07 AM   #15
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Just whip his monkey ass....Thats what i would do...you ve told him and it seems obvious that he has a problem listening....so help him out a but, make him understand you mean business....other wise he will just keep doing it....Talking does not always solve things......And a good ole ass whipping is needed from time to time..........
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:46 AM   #16
BB72CHEVKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by caminokid View Post
That is just crazy. Twenty seven times too many in my book.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:55 AM   #17
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy longhorn View Post
Well, 20 or 30 yrs ago, I might have opened the door on his car & "whizzed" on his upolstery......or threated to kick his azz! Im a little more mellow now....id just feed him to my DOGS! Seriously, people like that have no respect, & you cant talk with them(and make a diff).....park the truck away from there, or put a cover on the bed ,so he CAINT toss anything in it. Its not worth gettin your azz in trouble over(its still not right), but you dont need the trouble crazyL
Old quote, "Two wrongs don't make a right." Very truthful.

Like crazy stated, sometimes it won't do a bit of good and far as I am concerned to stoop down to their level and show the same type of disrespect for their property is not good course of action.

If you have faced him and asked him to not do it anymore and he continues, it's probably not going to change and crazyL's advice would be the best course to NOT esculate a war.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!

Last edited by Palf70Step; 02-16-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:26 AM   #18
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

If he puts stuff in your bed again, just unload some of it on his hood some cold winter night when it is giving that little freezing rain thing. He will get up in the morning with a couple coffee cups frozen to his hood. I'll bet he will be mad, but the message is going to be received. There is always the small shot of water in his key slot on a cold dark night, if all else fails, but don't say anything.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:29 AM   #19
WorkinLonghorn

I try not to sweat the small stuff.It's easier said than done sometimes.
But when somebody,especially an A-H neighbor throws some trash in my truck I just take it and dump it on the ground. Then it just sits there for them to see.After a while they realise that putting it in my truck is the same as throwing it on the ground and they stop doing it. This actually works here.
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:35 AM   #20
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

A guy at work kept walking out of the shop everyday and throwing the paper hand towels he dried his ahands with in the back of my old '70 CST. He did this everyday at lunch and at quitting time. I was about 25 at the time and this guy was 45-ish and we got along good at work. Out of respect for him, very nicely asked not to do it anymore. He started the old "It's an old truck" crap and I told it basically what you said, It's MY old truck. After that he got much worse throwing Coke cans and fast food bags when he came back from lunch. That was my breaking point. When he went to lunch the next day, I collected what was on the back of my truck and several of the small trash cans at our machines, and commenced to filling up tool box with garbage. Now you gotta realize this was a triple stack Kennedy machinist's box with another hang-on box on the bottom chest. This is a $1,600 tool box with several thousand more worth of mics, gauges, indicators, bore gauges, drills, reamers and tons of other machine tools. I packed the drawers so full I could barely close them. When he got back, as you imagine, it was on. He had a fit. I never backed down though, and it ended up in a cussing match. He didn't talk to me for awhile, but we eventually started talking again and he apologized and I admitted to him that I probably went too far. The funniest thing happened in the midst of it though. He, nor anyone else, has thrown anything on the back of any of my trucks!
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!

Last edited by 67_C-30; 02-16-2008 at 06:39 AM.
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:01 AM   #21
caminokid
Chevy nut

I asked him to get the boxes out of my truck 2 or 3 times. He never did. Being it was above freezing today I wanted to get it cleaned out. So when he showed up I went off on him. I didnt care if he was my landlord or not at that point. He cherishes his Benz. He knows I am serious about loading it up with trash if he throws another thing in the back of my truck. Metal is ok. But trash isnt going to happen again.

Last edited by caminokid; 02-16-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:22 AM   #22

how about giving him a present a "wallmart bag". rapped up on the muffler of the mercedes some night.
oh it must have been blowing around and some how got stuck. ( big stink lots of action)
463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:38 AM   #23
PipsC10

I have an 8 month old daughter that sh--s like a horse. If you were close to me I would be glad to save up her diapers for a month or so and nicely place them inside his Benz. Since I'm not, stick an open can of tuna under the dash
PipsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #24
oldsmobilekindofguy

I like that idea

Daily driver- 1970 Olds delta 88, 2dr., 455, gotta love the big block
oldsmobilekindofguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #25
nplocoman
never finish start another

Go to walmart and get a 3.00 dollar tarp. Cover the bed. Let him find a new place to trash himself. Just be smarter than he is. He will look like a fool in the end. If you have a bunch of rookie as cops com'in around, they are going to take his side. Just because he has a benz. Be smart, idiots like that can't handle it!
nplocoman is offline   Reply With Quote