The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2006, 03:36 PM   #1
Rod Reynolds

Howdy, new guy here

I was in high school when the 67- 72 trucks were new and have been in love with them ever since. I have a 72 4wd half ton that I have owned for over 23 years. It just sat in the yard for over 10 years but I have finally started restoring it. I have finished the body work on the cab. New rocker panels and floor boards. I have just replaced some broken wheel lugs and re-packed the front wheel bearings. I am trying to decide whether or not to replace the leaf springs. Does metal fatigue occur after 35 years to where the springs lose their spring, so to speak? I have bought springs for a 1-ton dodge van from a small family-owned business in Danville, Pa. They make the springs in matched sets so that the vehicle will not set tilted of lopsided. At 265 dollars a pair, they are about 100 dollars cheaper than LMC Truck. What do you guys think? Is it worth the money? Thanks for the help.
Rod Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote