The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2014, 02:49 AM   #1
Sacramento70
Blazer Fanatic

Re: HOW TO: Install HID Lighting & HID lighting explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmachinz View Post
Well dad-gum now we're getting some details.....heck yeah, if we could all get free stuff that'd be paradise! Good to see you're using ceramic plugs in your kit. To make a blanket statement about a $40 kit did not add up when 99% of people don't get free stuff, myself included. Some people either don't like or don't know how to properly solder a harness kit to work with basic relays-so they'd be more apt to buy a properly designed kit using high quality parts as long as the price isn't crazy anyway.

I may not like paying somebody else to overhaul my transmission for me but I have no problem giving my money to somebody who knows their stuff when it comes to overhauling one. It's not that I can't do it-I would just rather not. To a much lesser extent, that's how it is with pretty much everyone who sells parts or offers a service. And, it can get a little more costly but even more time consuming for example if one tries to make it look as factory as possible.
Cool, i still don't believe its worth $90 IMO and yes it can be done cheaper and i always encourage people to learn for themselves (otherwise this forum will be become a store rather then a knowledge base). that being said there are diy's and buyers, i understand that but why must they be kept in the dark about how things are made. I didn't know how to make the harness upgrade until after i saw VH Coachworks for sale. i asked him for a diagram ( i later found one in another thread) and he refused and went on about some kfc secret ingredient issue and patents and what not. I work with commercial and residential electricity not car wiring. i knew the basics but was new to car relays and what such so i decided if it can be sold on the forum for $90 i can do it for less and i did. Period