The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #1
rs74

CL find on a Trailblazer chassis. Not mine.

http://westky.craigslist.org/cto/3442041954.html

Came across this and thought it was different.
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
dougf

Re: CL find on a Trailblazer chassis. Not mine.

Cool find. Not a fan of the wheels, stance or interior, but I think its pretty cool how it retains most of the trailblazer options. That must have been a lot of work. With new wheels and a new stance that would be pretty *****in!
dougf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
joedoh

love it. but of course I would.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:53 AM   #4
Pop's C-10

that is neat
Pop's C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:32 AM   #5
donthekawguy

I had a Trailblazer and loved it. It would be nice to find a 2wd one to make the swap. Onthat one he should put a lift kit on it and some meaty tires. I also dont like the console. It's too tall. It is a cool truck and I would buy it if the rust was fixed.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:50 AM   #6
YBNORML

Looks like a cool project. The bones are there, all it needs is some tweaking. Ok, probably a lot of tweaking but it would be awesome when done.
Posted via Mobile Device

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:57 AM   #7
Super73

Not doing it for me at all. Perhaps if it was a TBSS chassis I would like it a bit better, but even then the TBSS wheels (which is what is on that truck) just don't go we'll on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
1/4---10.38 @ 126.97----9.24 @ 142.49
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:04 AM   #8
donthekawguy

The TBSS is a monster! But they are also still in the 22-25k price range unless you find one that is wrecked. Check you tube. There are guys running in the 10's with the ss with pretty minor motor mods.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:27 AM   #9
joedoh

dont really need a tbss chassis to run an LS motor, there are 50 or so LS swapped trucks in the project section already.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #10
tincan1966

Now I have a different perspective- put a set of original style wheels/hubcaps on it and drive it like an original. Just about a sleeper if you ever saw one.
tincan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #11
padresag

it would be interesting to see how it is registered
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #12
padresag

It is registered as a 1963 Chevrolet c30. I emailed the ad and that is what I got back. if the owner ever got into a problem, such as an accident where there were serious injury or death that truck would be pulled apart. I wonder what they would get when they ran all of the nbrs. I wonder who the frame would be registered to? with that w/base it could only be a c-k10
it could be a real legal nightmare. if more than likely done properly it would be assigned a new registration nbr which means that it would have to inspected. what would the mvb classify it as. it is an interesting scenario.
ron
Old 12-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #13
joedoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
It is registered as a 1963 Chevrolet c30. I emailed the ad and that is what I got back. if the owner ever got into a problem, such as an accident where there were serious injury or death that truck would be pulled apart. I wonder what they would get when they ran all of the nbrs. I wonder who the frame would be registered to? with that w/base it could only be a c-k10
it could be a real legal nightmare. if more than likely done properly it would be assigned a new registration nbr which means that it would have to inspected. what would the mvb classify it as. it is an interesting scenario.
ron
I think maybe your imagination is running away from you. The only reason the dmv cares about frame swaps is so that people dont use stolen parts to build such creations, and the only reason they like titling it as the newer year or as an "assembled vehicle" is for TAXES. They could care less about roadworthiness, based on the clap trap ratrod half tractor half rust with a V8 assemblages I see with hot rod tags at the shows and sharing the road with me. The almighty dollar, not some hopeful thought that they would bend heaven for a potential victim.

When I had my body swap inspected they wanted to title it as a 1998 and not a 1962 not based on roadworthiness or any safety inspection but only because I had a TITLE for the 1998 and the yearly property taxes and tags were 107 dollars but only a BILL OF SALE for the 1962 and taxes were 17 bucks and the tag never needed renewal. He told me so himself, why should I get to pay less taxes on something newer just because the body was old? I told him I would crush it before titling as a 1998 and he told me to try again with a clean title. I bought a 1965 running, tagged it, and then swapped the body over, and went to the dmv and had the 1998 removed from the records as part of my truck.

I think its more likely to cause a huge accident trying to drive a 60 year old stock truck at highway speeds than that combination of new running gear and old sheet metal.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #14
64fleetside

Around here the cops don't even want to write up reports on accidents, let alone dissect the vehicles.
64fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #15
padresag

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64fleetside View Post
Around here the cops don't even want to write up reports on accidents, let alone dissect the vehicles.
just wait until you kill someone or serious injure them. you will find out how fast your insurance co. will try to wiggle out.
maybe in your part of the country it doesn't matter!
ron
Old 12-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
64fleetside

I've had it happen personally(hit and run by semi-truck), I carry uninsured motorist PROPERTY insurance to cover my own stuff.
64fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #17
theastronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs74 View Post
http://westky.craigslist.org/cto/3442041954.html

Came across this and thought it was different.
That's pretty neat. When I first bought my truck I was planning on swapping a 4.2 from a Trailblazer. 290 hp and 277 tq stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
dont really need a tbss chassis to run an LS motor, there are 50 or so LS swapped trucks in the project section already.
You ever driven a TBSS? If you have you'd want the TBSS chassis over the standard TB or an original truck frame. For an SUV the SS models are extremely capable dead stock. 390 hp/390 tq LS2 from the Corvette/GTO pushes them to 13.9-14.0 1/4 mile et's and they handle and drive like you wouldn't believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincan1966 View Post
Now I have a different perspective- put a set of original style wheels/hubcaps on it and drive it like an original. Just about a sleeper if you ever saw one.
It's a shame that the bolt pattern on the Trailblazers are different than the old truck's 6x5.5" pattern. I agree with you though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthekawguy View Post
The TBSS is a monster! But they are also still in the 22-25k price range unless you find one that is wrecked. Check you tube. There are guys running in the 10's with the ss with pretty minor motor mods.
They're pretty neat, my sister bought a super clean Silver '06 with 80k miles and all options except navigation earlier this year. She stole it at $14.5k!
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #18
joedoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post

You ever driven a TBSS? If you have you'd want the TBSS chassis over the standard TB or an original truck frame. For an SUV the SS models are extremely capable dead stock. 390 hp/390 tq LS2 from the Corvette/GTO pushes them to 13.9-14.0 1/4 mile et's and they handle and drive like you wouldn't believe.

I think you misunderstood me, but yep, I have driven them. its a 5000 lb SUV. they have known transmission problems from hauling all that bulk around. a guy I know drove one off the road in the rain after swapping ends. Good straight line cars, I have never heard of one at an autocross. Doesnt a porterbuilt crossmember install a rack and pinion?

My point was that the same drivetrain as the tbss does a 12 second 1/4 in the lighter corvette chassis, thats what you are gaining with the ss, and what would make the difference in a 60s truck.

My bone stock 2010 speed 3 satisfies my need for speed, as fast as the stock tbss in the 1/4 and a good 14mph faster than it in the slalom. Otherwise, I am full on in support of the chassis swap, follow my project thread for proof.