The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
68MoneyPit

member help please

I posted this on the ls forum but have not had any reply yet. I am definitely not a carburetor guy at all and everything about a late model fuel injection system is appealing to me. I have an 87 tbi that i was going to rebuild but i recently found a 5.3 with 7k miles with the 460LE for what I thought sounded like a good price until i started seeing some of the prices posted on here.

The motor i found is from an 07 that was wrecked at 7k miles. It has everything still on it except the computer and the ac compressor, and the transmission has never been disconnected from it. It does still have the wiring harness on the engine.

I just need some help to make sure that im not screwing myself over on the deal. The guy has it up for sale for $2100. That was cheaper than the price quotes I got from engine rebuilders for the tbi, but i have seen people posting $800-1200 for these 5.3 engines, most of which had .60-100K though.

Is there any particular things that I need to look for when I go to look at the engine and trans to make sure that this thing is what he says it is?
68MoneyPit is offline   Reply With Quote