The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2002, 12:44 AM   #1
jmil1974
Ain't we cute?

OMFG! Please help

I have 2 major issues:

I just got my disc brake conversion kit finished and guess what . . . I RECEIVED THE WRONG SPINDLES! I ordered stock height and got drop. I lowered the jack and the damn thing just kept going, and going, and going -- I'm like "WTF"!

I already sent Paul an email so I'm sure he'll make it right one way or the other. I have 2 options: get stock spindles and put those on or get rear drop springs to match. My rollers are 275/60-15s on 15x10s.
My first question is what would you do?
Anyone got pics of a LWB with a 2.5/4 drop and those wheels/tires?
Argh! I didn't really want a dropped truck but since it's half done, I'm considering it.

2nd issue:

I bled the brakes and my left front caliper is not getting fluid. It's not getting through the prop. valve, I know that for sure. I guess I either have a bad prop. valve or I have the lines switched/valve upside down. The booster and valve are from a disc/drum 71/72 C20.
Anyone have a disc/drum valve from a C20? Are they the same as a C10?
Anyone know for sure how the prop valve is supposed to be positioned and which lines go where? I would be very grateful to know this for sure.

2 big SNAFUs in one night plus my damn sway bar won't fit. Jeez!!!

Just for grins, how can you tell if your booster is bad?

I'm about discouraged on this deal, I had hoped to drive her this weekend. Thanks for any help.

Jason