The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
Mattman2010

Project Opinion - When its it time to call it quits?

I have been working on my 85 crew cab for about a year and 3 or 4 months and I am just starting to loose motivation on it because every time I think I am getting somewhere I have to dump more money into it to fix something.

What I am looking for is opinions on when to quit working on a project because it is to much. So here is some background information on me and my project.

I wanted a crew cab really badly and I finally found one that the guy was asking $1500 for. I went and look at it and it had rust in spots that I had never seen (should have been a really big sign for not buying it) but I figured I could probably fix it, I got the guy down to $1100 and bought the truck. Well I tore all the body off and converted the frame to 4x4. Well I then started looking more into the body and realized the mistake that I had done buying the truck, the whole body was trash, so I went out and found another truck for $400 and stole the body off of that truck. Well worse comes to worse and I dropped the bed, but I saved the cab and the front clip. I built a new transmission hump for the cab which I am afraid that a molded floor mat will not fit over, and painted the front clip and cab white. And like the body on the first truck everything I pulled off of that truck had a bad seal and so I have basically ended up replacing everything on the truck. So now what I was hoping would be a somewhat cheap project I have over $6k in and not even close to done. I still need to find a replacement bed, and paint it and the doors, figure out what to do with the floor of the truck because of the transmission hump. And fix a bunch of stuff that I did when I converted the frame that I don't like. I would say I would easily be able to spend another $5k on this truck, but in the end I think the truck will only be able to get no more than $2k when I am done. I know you loose money building these things but that is just to much when I am only 19 and in college working a minimum wage job, and it sucks every time I think I am getting somewhere I end up putting each paycheck into the truck just to fix something.

I still want a crew cab 4x4 truck, what I am trying to figure out is if this project is worth continuing on or if I should stop while my loss is low and find another one in better shape. I have seen several lately that are less than $2k that have good interiors, and seem to have no rust and dont need a paint job. Yes they are only 2wd, but I have all the parts to convert the truck on my current project. And most of them are 4 speed trucks so I would only have to cut a hole in the floor for the transfercase instead of making a whole new hump like i did. I think that if i started with a truck that didnt need a paint job, and didnt need an interior that is where I am going to save most of my money. Most of the parts that I want to keep off of my current project are the parts that I have the most money into, and then whatever I have left I would just try to sell off to make some money back. I figure that I can just swap all of my new parts over to the new truck and have the truck running in less than a month and be able to drive it all the time and not have to dump any more money into it. I mean I hate to give up on my project because I have so much time and money, but its starting to get a little ridiculous. I might even keep my current project for a future project, but all of this is just ideas for right now.

You might be wondering why not just leave the truck the way it is for right now and just drive it, well it has nothing for sound deadening in the truck right now, all i have is the metal between me and the motor so it is really loud in there. One reason why I am thinking of buying another truck is that I think the interior for this truck will cost the same amount as one of these trucks that is less than $2k. My floor modifications just scare me in thinking that I will have to find something custom to get it to fit my floor. Interior stuff is really expensive and I need all of my seats repaired and so I am thinking about just finding a truck that I could just convert to 4x4 for right now and drive it, then I can work on painting things later on. This whole frame off thing is just starting to be to much for me, I want to try to work on other projects but I am a guy that cant start messing with something else till what I started on is done, plus my income can really only support one hobby at a time

Ive pretty much convinced myself that starting with a new truck is probably the best way to go, my dad (who has helped me a ton on this truck) just kind of wants me to keep what I have and keep going, but I am to the point that I just cant justify putting more money into this truck. My dad wants to be done with helping me with my trucks for a while, but I guess he doesn't understand that there is probably another years worth of work to be done to it.

Sorry for this long rant, I am just looking for opinions on this.
Thanks, Matt

1984 K30 CC Dually - "The Tank"
12V Cummins/Nv4500/Np205/D60/D70HD 4" lift & 37's
Build Thread

1960 C-60 Dump Truck
Make it road worthy!
Thread
Mattman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
space wrangler

Re: Project Opinion - When its it time to call it quits?

pics?
space wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Mattman2010

That is the current picture, I have a ton in my build thread.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=426463

Build Thread

1960 C-60 Dump Truck
Make it road worthy!
Thread
Old 01-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Your over the worst, keep working its better to have build your own than bought something someone else build.

I have been to this point with lost motivation and gotten through it

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
Mattman2010

I dont think I have even hit the worst part. I just cant justify dropping another 5 grand into the truck when I have an old leaky 6.2 and a 465 that would work better if it was rebuilt. Any of the trucks I am looking at are all stock, except for maybe the motor. So technically I would still be building my own truck. I am starting to think about keeping this truck for a future project buying another one and swaping a lot of my parts from my current truck to a new truck and be done with the project for a while.

As for lost motivation, it is manly from how much money I have dropped into the truck and how much more I need to drop into it. I love working on it, but this whole throw another $200 at it every week sucks.

Build Thread

1960 C-60 Dump Truck
Make it road worthy!
Thread
Old 01-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
space wrangler

after looking at the work you've put into it, i say keep it. ..just lay off for a while and come back to it when you're more motivated.
space wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
jitteryguy
GoatLube Experss

Quote:
Originally Posted by space wrangler View Post
after looking at the work you've put into it, i say keep it. ..just lay off for a while and come back to it when you're more motivated.
I agree, and next spring hit the salvage yard's and watch Craig's list. there's alway's clean Suburban's get'n part'd out. you could get most of the interior and new door's from one of them and save a bundle right there.
even though your gonna replace em, throw some paint on the door's and bed, be'n one color is a big motivator !
'92 S10 350/350
'84 MonteCarlo 383/PG/9"ford
'78 Malibu wagon 350/350
'78 Cutlass (project family car)
'96 S10 Jimmy (Moma's)
jitteryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitteryguy View Post
....even though your gonna replace em, throw some paint on the door's and bed, be'n one color is a big motivator !
That's the truth!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #9
bikes&bowties

Man we are always in the same boat... Only difference is, I have 6 months left of high school and I wanna dump money in mine while I still can... My biggest hold up is also interior, and drive train! Does the interior have to be factory? And I'm going to Berliner my floor $50.. Not the greatest, but with a quiet exhaust it won't be very noisy compared to my tires, I wish I did a frame off to begin with and got it more prettied up underneath. And body work does suck! I hate it... I say let it sit for awhile and see what you decide.... If you still hate it when you look at it in a month. Call it quits. But if you are like me, you will be ready to dive back in..
Posted via Mobile Device
bikes&bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #10
IOWNATRUCK

Trucks and cars and boats and anything with a motor is basically a money pit. Thats just something you have to accept if your into these hobbies, because once you are done, you'll be beyond satisfied, ive felt the same with my truck that i was working on for around two years, 10k later, and i was finally done. youre over the worst part, trust everyone on here, ha weve been through it, its all worth it, good luck man.
IOWNATRUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

i agree finish what you started.. im into mine for over $13,000 and im not even done

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #12
Greenlee

I just read through your build thread. That is a sweet truck and I think you will regret selling it.

Last time I put a carpet kit in one of these trucks it seems like I had to trim a couple inches on each side so i think your hump will probably be fine.

Watch Craigslist for a cheap non running Suburban for your interior parts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #13
68 SWB

I think you should stick with it. One reason is you will not get your money back out of this truck if you bail out now, you need to at least get it to the point you can use it for a while to get some value out of it. Think of it like you bought a new truck... it would depreciate but you would be able to use it every day and it some point it will become less reliable and then you would have to spend more money on it. This truck is the opposite, the more you spend on it the more it will become a new truck. If you can't drive the truck it is of ZERO value to you in my opinion so that would be my priority, and then getting looking right from there.

One thing that might help is post your vision of what you want the truck to be when finished and maybe a list of what is needed that you know of, this way the guys here can help with advice. You see quite the variety of trucks on here so everyone's opinion will be different.
68 SWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #14
rotgg

been working on mine for three years still not finished lol just keep plugging at it you have to be patient
rotgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #15
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

STICK WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least your truck is drivable, 1 out of 3 of mine are. The whole deal with your floor mod issue, go to the junk yard and get some carpet from a burban and cut the center out around your custom hump. Go to a carpet store and find something that matches close and glue it to your hump. Install your interior and drive it. If you don't want to throw money at an old vehicle, get out now. Something always wears out or brakes, or just won't work. Even on full restores when they get done have their issues. Take a step back, gather your thoughts, and finish it with what you have. I agree paint your doors at least. And as far as how nice the paint job is, who cares. If you don't like it, sand it down and redo it. It's a learning experience and when you get the art of paint and body work down, no one can take that from you!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #16
csb#356

This is when you just need to step back and not look at it for awhile. One day you will be motivated again to start working on it. If you've already put this much time and money into and you have a place to let it sit then I'd say keep it. Come back to it one day when you're done with school and finish it when you're ready and have the money. I had a pickup just like this that I bought for 600 dollars and I dumped so much money into that thing putting the drivetrain together just the way I wanted to but when I looked at it, it was still rusted out and little things just kept going wrong with it. I got frustrated just like you and so I parked it and bought one that was in better shape. I too am in school and don't have much money right now and this last year my dad told me to get it out of his yard so I took out all the parts that were worth while and I scrapped it. I wish I wouldn't have done that because now I wish I could drive that thing again and the one I'm driving now is much nicer. Sorry for the rant but I would really advise you to keep it if your old man will let you keep it where its parked
csb#356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #17
Mattman2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikes&bowties View Post
Man we are always in the same boat... Only difference is, I have 6 months left of high school and I wanna dump money in mine while I still can... My biggest hold up is also interior, and drive train! Does the interior have to be factory? And I'm going to Berliner my floor $50.. Not the greatest, but with a quiet exhaust it won't be very noisy compared to my tires, I wish I did a frame off to begin with and got it more prettied up underneath. And body work does suck! I hate it... I say let it sit for awhile and see what you decide.... If you still hate it when you look at it in a month. Call it quits. But if you are like me, you will be ready to dive back in..
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes we do seem to be in the same boat all the time haha. I wanna dive into mine and get it done, but with my recent luck with the truck lately and started looking at interior stuff the amount of money I need to spend just started making me rethink whether or not this was a good idea to keep going or not. Stepping back really does seem to sound like some really good advice right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWNATRUCK View Post
Trucks and cars and boats and anything with a motor is basically a money pit. Thats just something you have to accept if your into these hobbies, because once you are done, you'll be beyond satisfied, ive felt the same with my truck that i was working on for around two years, 10k later, and i was finally done. youre over the worst part, trust everyone on here, ha weve been through it, its all worth it, good luck man.
That is the reason I came here to ask for opinions, this is my first one and so I came here because I figured if anyone knows about these trucks it would be here and i figured others here have been through what I am going through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 SWB View Post
I think you should stick with it. One reason is you will not get your money back out of this truck if you bail out now, you need to at least get it to the point you can use it for a while to get some value out of it. Think of it like you bought a new truck... it would depreciate but you would be able to use it every day and it some point it will become less reliable and then you would have to spend more money on it. This truck is the opposite, the more you spend on it the more it will become a new truck. If you can't drive the truck it is of ZERO value to you in my opinion so that would be my priority, and then getting looking right from there.

One thing that might help is post your vision of what you want the truck to be when finished and maybe a list of what is needed that you know of, this way the guys here can help with advice. You see quite the variety of trucks on here so everyone's opinion will be different.
Yeah I know I wont make my money back, but I just started thinking that if I backed out of the truck now I could at least keep my loss somewhat low instead of spending more and then deciding to back out. The truck does run, I have been driving it but the power steering box took out a new seal somehow so the truck doesn't move unless I need to move it.

I will have to figure out what I want exactly for my truck to be considered done. I have a good idea of what I want, but there are other things that I have no idea what to think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee View Post
I just read through your build thread. That is a sweet truck and I think you will regret selling it.

Last time I put a carpet kit in one of these trucks it seems like I had to trim a couple inches on each side so i think your hump will probably be fine.

Watch Craigslist for a cheap non running Suburban for your interior parts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks man, I am pretty proud of most of what I have done. I dont plan on putting carpet in this truck. I am looking at a vinyl floor mat, I have a feeling that I would just ruin a new carpet if I put one in the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
STICK WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least your truck is drivable, 1 out of 3 of mine are. The whole deal with your floor mod issue, go to the junk yard and get some carpet from a burban and cut the center out around your custom hump. Go to a carpet store and find something that matches close and glue it to your hump. Install your interior and drive it. If you don't want to throw money at an old vehicle, get out now. Something always wears out or brakes, or just won't work. Even on full restores when they get done have their issues. Take a step back, gather your thoughts, and finish it with what you have. I agree paint your doors at least. And as far as how nice the paint job is, who cares. If you don't like it, sand it down and redo it. It's a learning experience and when you get the art of paint and body work down, no one can take that from you!
Being able to drive it has really helped with keeping me motivated. Im going to take this "Step back" advice and try and figure out exactly what I want my truck to have so that when I go back to it I will have a plan that I can go off of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csb#356 View Post
This is when you just need to step back and not look at it for awhile. One day you will be motivated again to start working on it. If you've already put this much time and money into and you have a place to let it sit then I'd say keep it. Come back to it one day when you're done with school and finish it when you're ready and have the money. I had a pickup just like this that I bought for 600 dollars and I dumped so much money into that thing putting the drivetrain together just the way I wanted to but when I looked at it, it was still rusted out and little things just kept going wrong with it. I got frustrated just like you and so I parked it and bought one that was in better shape. I too am in school and don't have much money right now and this last year my dad told me to get it out of his yard so I took out all the parts that were worth while and I scrapped it. I wish I wouldn't have done that because now I wish I could drive that thing again and the one I'm driving now is much nicer. Sorry for the rant but I would really advise you to keep it if your old man will let you keep it where its parked
Thanks for the motivation man, Im going to take a break from it. I have not quit working on it for more than 2 weeks sense I have been working on it. So time off will probably be good for me.

Build Thread

1960 C-60 Dump Truck
Make it road worthy!
Thread
Old 01-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #18
bikes&bowties

Plus you can save money and/or spend it elsewhere. The truck wont go backwards just sitting. I know when I get into doing stuff it gets to me after awhile. I mean at any given time between my own stuff and farm stuff I have a few big projects going. I get overwhelmed (just like you are) and can't do anything but sit back and look everything over. You then look at how far you have come or what else you can do to get to your end goal...
Posted via Mobile Device
bikes&bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #19
Weasel Diesel

Stay with it, the economy kicked us all in the groin. It is gonna pick up and you will be able to get back on track. In the meantime, make yourself a couple extra bucks doing small stuff. I figure nickels going into the project is better than nothing going into the project. I go around to yard sales and storage auctions, buy stuff and re-sell it for a bit more. Not a killing, but it keeps my project going, so I don't fall in the "stuck" rutt. Yes, right now I am "'Po Rick" just trying to keep my project going, but when she's done, I shall be "King Richard" when I'm cruising the Hardees in that Bad Boy...
Weasel Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #20
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

I never spend more on one than I can get back out of it. Thats when I know when to stop. But with that siad......this was abviously a vision and a dream when you started it. If it is still your dream....walk away for a while and come back to it when you have the mindset and $$. If its no longer your dream and you want to do something else...move on. You have to be 100% detached from the project to do that or you wot be able to ever let go of the time and money you spent/wasted. Another option is to "budget complete" the project and then later on change over to the fancy, nice or racy things you had originaly planned for the project.

I went back and re-read your post. You are correct...you can buy a descent driver about like what you are building for less that what it will cost you to finish yours BUT then you will want to pick it apart and re-do everthing and you will just be back in the same situation you are in now. I would walk away from it for a while, save some momey and watch the for sale ads across the country. See what you can find a replacement for and if the times comes you are back interested in your project and you have not found a replacement...start back up.
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Custom Camper "Dump Truck"
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Suburban "Big Green"
1969 Chevrolet C-50 Wedge Hauler "Leonidis"
1966 C-10 2x4 short fleet 327 4 speed "Race Truck"
1952 Plymouth Cranbrook "Rican" (my grandfathers)
1931 Ford Model A Coupe "Black Beauty"
1930 Ford Model A truck "Club Cab" 4x4

Rottenwood Garage and Speed Shop.....where everything must be racy!

It's not just a hobby..It's a LIFESTYLE!!!

Thanks for nothing Barrett-Jackson

You cant fix stupid or teach accountability!

Time wasters, looky Lous and tire kickers are everywhere!

Last edited by 72freak; 01-04-2012 at 09:33 AM.
72freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #21
riz

Stick with it, bro! I let my K5 Blazer sit for 10 years before I finally got the motivation to work on it and mine was 100% driveable.... it just had no interior. I started in April of last year and it's now near completion and I'm so glad I didn't try and sell it. It will all be worth it in the end. Good luck to you.

RIZ
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #22
67swb72klb

some times u have to just take a break and go back at it another day keep it looks like it has came a long way so far it is a... beast !!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #23
C-10 simplex
Account Suspended

Well, a $2 set of earplugs at the hardware store can solve the noise problem. You can still hear outside sounds, sirens etc. with the plugs on. So, to stop driving it just because of that i don't think is a good move.

All my cars are noisy----i think most of the sound deadening comes actually more from the underlay than the carpet, although the carpet helps alot too. i've had to drive bare floor for a while due to interior flooding.

IF you really can get a runner that needs little to no work and the goal is just to have a 4x4 crewcab then that MIGHT be a good move. HOWEVER, you still have to spend more money getting that ideal truck. Also, how are you so sure you can sell some parts to offset the cost? Spending more money when you say you have none, not a good move. Strike 2.

Why not just continue to drive it and casually make improvements as the budget allows? Why are you in such a hurry to finish?

Maybe put 50% of your net income into it. Keep the other 50% in savings

i remember seeing this truck when you first got it; Had you kept it the way it was, i don't think there would be such a budget crisis now. It was you who choose to make such serious modifications. And i think you miscalulated----the problem isn't the truck----the problem is you overbought.

Personally, i would check the paint to see if it is right because you don't want the "new" cab to rust and just drive it alotting a percentage of income to be put into it. i would personally put 2% to 20% into it. You say it will never get done? You'd be surprised how fast the money will add up if you have a consistent income.

Last edited by C-10 simplex; 01-04-2012 at 11:05 AM.
C-10 simplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #24
Mattman2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-10 simplex View Post
Well, a $2 set of earplugs at the hardware store can solve the noise problem. You can still hear outside sounds, sirens etc. with the plugs on. So, to stop driving it just because of that i don't think is a good move.

I know ear plugs will help, but it sucks when several people ride in it and you cant even talk to each other. I have been driving the socks off of this thing without ear plugs, I didn't stop driving it because of that. I quit driving it because my power steering box blew out a new seal and so I have no fluid in my power steering or to assist in brakes (I have hydroboost brakes).

Quote:
All my cars are noisy----i think most of the sound deadening comes actually more from the underlay than the carpet, although the carpet helps alot too. i've had to drive bare floor for a while due to interior flooding.
I bought some dynamat for the truck, and I also need to get some dynapad, i think between the two it would really help quiet down the truck.

Quote:
IF you really can get a runner that needs little to no work and the goal is just to have a 4x4 crewcab then that MIGHT be a good move. HOWEVER, you still have to spend more money getting that ideal truck. Also, how are you so sure you can sell some parts to offset the cost? Spending more money when you say you have none, not a good move. Strike 2.
The thing is if I got another truck I would convert it to 4x4 using parts I already have. I would probably swap over all the new stuff that I had got for my current truck which is where all of my money seems to be setting anyway so all the parts I would probably be selling I wouldnt have all that much money in. As for spending more money when I have none, I still live with my parents, I have less than $200 worth of bills so when I get money I have been spending it all on the truck. If I quit spending it on the truck then I could save money and easily buy another truck.

Quote:
Why not just continue to drive it and casually make improvements as the budget allows? Why are you in such a hurry to finish?
That is the plan, As you can see I have parts on the truck to make it drivable while I get the parts I want ready to put onto the truck. The reason why this even came up was because I finally started putting some miles on it and things started to break that were not cheap and before I went any farther I was wanting to get some advice one whether or not to continue with it.

As for wanting to finish it now. I am getting kind of tired of working on the trucks. Before trucks was guns and I have some gun projects that I have been trying to finish up that I cant when I spend all my money on this truck.

Quote:
Maybe put 50% of your net income into it. Keep the other 50% in savings

i remember seeing this truck when you first got it; Had you kept it the way it was, i don't think there would be such a budget crisis now. It was you who choose to make such serious modifications. And i think you miscalculated----the problem isn't the truck----the problem is you overbought.
Well the thing was when I first bought it I didnt think it was in as bad of shape as it was. Well after I started tearing it apart I started seeing more and more problems so then I have to basically replace my $1100 waste of money. I thought the truck would be easy to fix but it turned out to be nothing more than scrap.

Build Thread

1960 C-60 Dump Truck
Make it road worthy!
Thread
Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #25
Mattman2010

So after taking 68 SWB advice of posting what my vision for my truck I have came to the conclusion that for now It would be best just to try to stay as close to stock as I can get. I want to stay with the CCLB dually 4x4 theme I guess you could call it. So I need to find a dana 60 front axle and cross over steering. I want the whole truck to be white (Just need a good bed to paint, I have good doors waiting to be painted but its been to cold lately). As for the interior, I want to find a gray interior. I could post what I want the truck in the end to be in the future, but I think its best to take things one at a time and get to a point I can be happy with it and then i can update things at a later time.

Build Thread

1960 C-60 Dump Truck
Make it road worthy!
Thread