The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
vdb11

K10 w/472 Cadillac?

Hey all, I am brand new here, I posted in the Welcome area with some info about me and my experiences.

Anyways I recently purchased a 71 K10 (or C10 4x4 whichever is correct). It has a target master 350 with the t350 trans. Its going to be my new daily driver, and it is a low budget project (like sub 5k including truck cost = 2k). Most of my money goes to my 1992 K2500 (you can see my welcome post).

Anyways I planned to just keep the 350/350 combo, but I recently spotted a 69 472 cad with trans for a really good price. It has 70k miles on it, but other than that I know nothing about it, like what pan it has or what it was out of, as the owner has not gotten back to me. Of course my inner wrench turner got excited. So I have been thinking about it lately. Adding in the fact that its a 4x4 adds some complexity as I will need to get a different tailshaft for the t400 I would guess as well as a rear sump oil pan?

What are your thoughts? It is all in the brainstorming stage at this point. I see it has been done in these body styles before, although i would prefer to not have to modify the firewall. While I would love to put a 396 or 454 in, they are hard to find around here and much more $$

Convince me either way!
vdb11 is offline   Reply With Quote