The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
70cst

Has this forum saved you money on a purchase of a 67-72 truck or related parts?

Ok...
Some have been members of this internet truck family longer than I and some not as long....the thought came to me if you have ever saved money as a result of your membership to this forum?

I can say it helped me when I purchased the Circuit Rider. I had been looking for a 1948-1955 1/2 ton Chevy truck-like the one my Dad had. I was in Nashville and on a Tuesday afternoon I picked up the Truck Trader that just came off the press...and there my eyes lit upon a truck that I knew was special. I saw a BB 1970cst C10. I called and Mike answered and said he would be open for another hour and he said come on up and he would stay open. (Mike ran a car/truck re-cycling business)
Celina is about an hour drive NE of Nashville if I remember correctly. I hoped in my car and made tracks to Mike's. When I got there and saw the "Circuit Rider" it was love at first sight. What I saw was a fully loaded LWB BB 1970 CST C10. $2300 later it was mine.
This wasn't a steal but a in my mind a good price and it was because of this site that I knew this was a special truck.
Ok...how about you all? Has this site educated you that it has helped you purchase a truck or part that you knew was a very very good deal? You have heard my story so lets hear yours.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 03-24-2010 at 08:55 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote