The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Robznob11

maybe useful info for the would be cam swapper!!!!

Ok guys so i picked up a lightly used mild cam the other day its a scoggin dicky 221/226. .065/.com060 114-4. Just released in nov of 12. Any how the guy bought it new and it has@ 4000 mi on it looks great and i figured it was worth the 140$ i gave for it. Any how on scoggins web site they recommend running LS6 springs wich they sell new for 56$. Well i live 1/2 hour from them so i called to see if they had a set. The guy told me honestly he would run .600 lift spring to be safe caus this cam would max the ls6 springs. They have pac1218 for 135$ plus tax again a good price considering other sources. Well chepo me decides to dig a little more and i find that trickflow offers .600 lift springs through summit racing for 129 shipped no tax. (These are what im ordering) anyhow i call trickflow to ask them about the springs and they tell me......get this!!!!....... Pac makes there springs, after looking at comp 918s i see they also say made with pac alloy, im betting pac makes them too. If you look at the specs of each they are virtually identical. Just my .02 but if pac makes trickflows and i can save 20$ im going to do it lol!
Posted via Mobile Device
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
Robznob11

Re: maybe useful info for the would be cam swapper!!!!

Oh yea before anyone tells me, yea i will wish i had bigger and will eventually go bigger when i can afford the stall and cam together. But this should give me a solid 420 hp and still have street manners with a great sound, and for those wondering yes he pulled it to put a monster in. He had a foxbody with a 5.3
Posted via Mobile Device

LED TAILS
Old 09-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

I don't know...but P R C made the good double-springs I'm running....I don't know who PAC is....but I do know that comp 918's suck.

man thats gotta be my least helpful post to date lol

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
Robznob11

[QUOTE=BR3W CITY;6287228]I don't know...but P R C made the good double-springs I'm running....I don't know who PAC is....but I do know that comp 918's suck.

man thats gotta be my least helpful post to date lol[/QUOTE

Pac racing springs they have double springs as well. But the crazy thing is that most cam and head co's dont make there own springs they outsource them and most are made by pac. Any how i agree with you the double's regardless of who they are made by are the better choice. But for the person on the budget wanting to run oem retainers and locks with a mild cam like the one i have the behives will probably be just fine!
[size=1]Posted via Mobile Device[/

LED TAILS

Last edited by Robznob11; 09-26-2013 at 10:59 PM. Reason: miss info
Old 09-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
tinydb84

That cam looks fine to me. I wouldn't run the ls6 springs. The pac should work well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Rear suspension rework: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=750557
Instagram: myfabguy
tinydb84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #6
Blackpony

A beehive spring is the best choice if they are available for your cam choice. They have less valve train harmonics and less weight that will ultimately result in less stress and longer life.
Posted via Mobile Device
Blackpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #7
Robznob11

Talking Re: maybe useful info for the would be cam swapper!!!!

Ok just did a little more research after the prc ,pac post i had to recheck and make sure i saw what i thought i did. Texas speed offers pac's full line as well as the prc double springs. I will add that in a post made by there sales department they said they prefer the prc's but have had no problems. Pac is also a top notch spring manufacture the did make the comps then comp went to american standard and after a fall out are now back with pac. So as stated before pac makes many of the big name springs and puts them in there packaging as well as selling them under there own name. As for me if they are all the same im going with the cheapest price. And i agree that a double spring is not always the best because it is also added stress on seats ,valves, tips, rockers, and lobes for what reason if a behive will control a float problem. Now if the cam has agressive ramps i can see the reason..... Im not trying to start a war lol. I just know im not the only poor boy wanting a good running and sounding ride!!
Posted via Mobile Device

LED TAILS
Old 09-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

I think its funny that the two companies making springs only have 1 letter seperating them.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote