The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
suttonca

Wiring a B&M shifter in 1984 c10

Hey guys, I bought a B&M shifter for my 84. Have it all mounted, hooked up to linkage but now looking at wiring in reverse lights and neutral safety. The instructions seem very vague on tis so i was wondering if anyone knows where/how to wire it in. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!
suttonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
mopar346

Re: Wiring a B&M shifter in 1984 c10

I will clarify that I am not looking at your set up or overly familiar with the square wiring, what I am offering is generic GM/automotive knowledge since not one has posted.

I believe the neutral safety/reverse light switch is at the bottom of the column on these. You would need to unplug the original one and route or extend the wires to B&M and then I would think the instructions would tell you which one goes where. The switches are either a pass through or a ground supplied sytstem so they cant be wired backwards. The shifter illumination is also a single wire I believe so again fairly straight forward. If it was orignally a standard tranny then the reverse light switch was on the tranny and the neutral safety was on the clutch pedal assembly.
mopar346 is offline   Reply With Quote