The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
Rokcrln

It's a good day!

I have been waiting for this for almost two weeks to show up so I can finish up the cab on Lemond drop (nice for tight areas that you don't want to drench with paint). I have a spot open in the paint booth for Saturday and I started getting nervous that my small gun had not shown up. I got by on the interior of the cab with my regular Sata 3000RP but really wanted this Sata Mini Jet4 for all the nooks and cranies on the out side (jambs, cowl areas, ect.). I finally called to find out were it was and I was told they showed it was delivered on the 6th of last week but no one was home so a note was left. I told him that I have not seen a note and while I was saying this I looked in my mail box and sure enough their at the bottom corner was a postal note. I have one of those old mail boxes on my portch post and the notice fell to the bottom was missed all week I loaded up and went into town to the post office (3 blocks ) and guess what I found. I felt like such an idiot now knowing that it was sitting their this whole time.
Anyone else have a bone head move like this?

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:47 PM   #2
GREASEMONKEY72

Re: It's a good day!

nice little gun there, let us know how it works out

ive done many a things like that myself

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
dave2953
Dave's not here, man

I don't know anything about painting, but that looks like a quality piece! As far as bonehead moves go: A couple weeks ago I bought a new shop vac but when I got it home I realized the attachments weren't in the box. I called Sears Customer Service and raised immortal HEdoublehockeysticks! They claimed they couldn't find the part numbers, hemmed and hawwed, etc. Finally they found them and said they would send them to me. I was excited about my small "victory". I went to use the shop vac to suck up some water, took the top off to remove the paper filter and low and behold what did I find but the three missing attachments. So now I have two sets!
dave2953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:08 PM   #4
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2953 View Post
As far as bonehead moves go:
As I was reading this I was yelling (softly) at my computer for you to look in the VAC! I am one of these poeple that has a problem "missplacing" things all the time even when I know right were I placed it. This has been going on since I was a little kid. What I have always do is after looking for it for a few minutes I say out loud to the Spirits "very funny now put it back!" and I tell you it will be right behind me or under somthing that I have already picked up one or two times while looking for it.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
GREASEMONKEY72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
As I was reading this I was yelling (softly) at my computer for you to look in the VAC! I am one of these poeple that has a problem "missplacing" things all the time even when I know right were I placed it. This has been going on since I was a little kid. What I have always do is after looking for it for a few minutes I say out loud to the Spirits "very funny now put it back!" and I tell you it will be right behind me or under somthing that I have already picked up one or two times while looking for it.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
same here, ive always done that and probly always will, its funny to hear and see everybodys reactions while youre yelling outloud with nobody else there, to put it back or show yourself and things like that

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:55 PM   #6
WinDancer
The Original HotRod KnifeMaker

Glad you gun came, Kevin, but you get the paint on LemonDrop and get back to work on LowBuck!
We are all waiting for the next installment
Old 04-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinDancer View Post
Glad you gun came, Kevin, but you get the paint on LemonDrop and get back to work on LowBuck!
We are all waiting for the next installment
So am I but customers come first then wife, kid, dog, cats, friends, family, strangers then myself

Kevin
LFD Inc.