The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
tinsoldier

Just about to give up....

So after I sold my Pontiac GTO last year, I started in my search for a Short Bed Stepside..There were a lot of fleetsides long and short. Most were hacked up or bondoed to oblivion. I travelled all over and also to surrounding States in my search. In fact, I even got one negotiated in North Carolina that was claimed to be frame off restoration. I drove up there for 3 hours with my trailer and found it was rusted with bubblings in all the rockers, corner cabs and doors. I was highly dissapointed...Even though I negotiated down to a really good price, I didn't feel like doing any body work due to time or money. After coming home empty handed, I thought about that C10 over and over and decided to pull the gun and willing to deal with the rusts..Well the seller ended up selling for his asking price to someone else. Wished I could have told the buyer that he could have gotten it for A LOT cheaper.

Here is the picture of that truck from NC.

My search continues...I started to look through Ebay and found a really nice clean and restored one in Florida. However with my experiences with eBAY. I decided I better not bid on something I have not physically inspected. Nothing against Ebay but my perception of good and great might be a little different from the next person.

So this past weekend..I was just glancing though CL while taking my son to a Birthday party..I found this in the Ad that was a little vague. I decided to give the seller and call and talked to him on the phone. Drove over to see the truck the next day and next thing you know, the truck is here in my drive way.

Here are couple of pics of the truck. I am going to try to keep it as original as possible but will lowered it for handling. It is a 71 Cheyenne with a 16 yrs old paint job. One small bubble in the driver's side corner cab in which I can probably patch without cutting up the whole thing. Everything else are in pretty good condition and original.

tinsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote