The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2014, 03:45 AM   #1
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Speedway 13” vs Mooneyes 15” steering wheels

Speedway 13” vs Mooneyes 15” steering wheels

I’m seeking input on either or both of these wheels. I spent the better part of almost 50 years behind a 14 ½” Covico steering wheel in a variety of vehicles, and with the switch to a chrome Ididit steering wheel I ended up with the newly released 15” Red Metal Flake Mooneyes wheel. Note that it has 4 holes in each spoke:

The chrome is immaculate, and the metalflake finish is excellent. The problem I’m having is with the larger 15” diameter. ½” shouldn’t seem like that big a deal, but to me it feels like a bus wheel. I’m thinking of swapping to one of the similar Speedway wheels in 13” diameter, but I have no idea how well a wheel that small works in one of our trucks with power steering. I’m also curious how they look compared to the Mooneyes wheel. Is the chrome brilliant and shiny, or more like the older stamped wheels? How about the metalflake finish on the Speedway wheel?

Here’s a rather blurry shot of the Speedway wheel. Note that it on has 3 holes in each spoke:

Any input is appreciated!