The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
72K5NTX

1972 K5 Blazer

I have a 1972 K5, original A/C Blazer with a newly reconditioned/refinished double wall top. Top has new weatherstrip, Al's liner on the outside and inside has been smoothed inside (except the headliner) and Interlux Brightside painted.
There is very, very little rust as the rockers and floor pans were replaced before I got it. The tub is rhino lined and the front seats have been professionally recovered. Non tilt but steering is tight. I have a set of repop doors that came on the truck as well as a nice set of truck doors with no bottom rust and I have filled the speaker holes back to correct. All glass is good except for some weld splatter on the windshield top. Tailgate is just okay. Hood is pretty good and there seems to be an old poorly done rust repair on the drivers side just in front of the back tire lowest part of the fender.

Mechanically the truck is sound. Brakes are as good as they can be on these trucks, power is good, engine is strong but not built for speed or power. Basic 350, no real upgrades. A/C compressor unhooked but I have it and it seems to pump okay. Bumpers and trim work are driver quality. It has been Painted a few times and this is really its only issue. See Pics.

THe main thing is though, there is very very little rust. I think this is and has been a Texas truck its whole life and I don't think its sat much. I have had it for about 5 years and enjoyed it very much. However that golden paycheck that hold the finishing touches is getting harder to see in my near future so, I am considering selling it.

So that said, and only by pictures What do you guys think its worth??
Attached Images

72K5NTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #2
72K5NTX

Re: 1972 K5 Blazer

I also have it fitted with a really nice bikini top for the summers here.
Attached Images

72K5NTX is offline   Reply With Quote