The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2014, 11:24 PM   #1
ryanroo

1972 k20

Alright folks, i am playing with the idea of selling this rig. i drive it to work 4-5 days a week with a ~20 mile one way commute. hasnt failed me in the last 6000 miles or so. i dont remember the exact odometer reading when i started driving it.

details.

350ci

greasy and leaks oil from the rear main and the timing cover. pretty sure it burns a little from valve seals as well. no noticable smoke at idle and only when cold and you throttle it. its not pretty. has never left me irritated and angry though. it is from a 78 K30. block numbers indicate that it could be a 4 bolt. ill assume it is a 2 bolt.

i have the engine that came out of the truck. it appears to be original or at least from the correct period. this too could be a 4 bolt but i am not curious enough to look. also a grease ball. it can go with or not.

TH350.

no clue if it is the one that detroit put in there or not. i pulled it and did a rebuild. fancy clutches and steels. red alto and kolene. should be pretty bulletproof. separator plate style shift kit. shifts pretty firmly, but since it has no guts, whatever. never have any ATF on the garage floor. Has a new Hughes truck convertor.

NP205.

this was completly rebuilt. bearings were a little gross, so it got the full kit. this oozes a little fluid from the speedo cable.

the axles are a Dana 60 and 14 bolt. they are pull outs from a 78 K30. everything works like it should. the front rotors are warped. i have new ones, not installed.

has a 2.5" front spring lift from rough country, rear is 3" blocks.

new as of my rebuild Cooper discovery STT tires. 285/75-16s on old 90s style GM steel wheels.

front sheet metal is decent condition 67 oem issue. drivers fender is in primer and has front cup rust. no significant rust on the front clip elsewhere. the rest of the body is pretty beat up. cab could be fixed, i would replace the bed if i wanted to make it nice.

new front AAW harness. the rest is what was there when i got it. lights all work, other than that... ive seen worse, and better.

overall, its ugly and a beater. runs every day and works.

i forgot to mention the core support was modified to work with a 4 row radiator. it is a refurbed OEM radiator. also, new engine and transmission bushings as well as new front suspension bushings with the new springs.

so, ladies and gentleman, what say you?

imagine a grey primer fender, and that is what it looks like. maybe dirtier

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
mx289

Re: 1972 k20

4-5k ?
Around here maybe more ?

It may be ugly but, its well sorted.

Shoot me a pm if your gonna put it up for sale.?
Thanks Ryan,

Tom
mx289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
dbash

Re: 1972 k20

Keep it.... you will miss it someday if you don't

Here on the west coast you would probably be offered 2,000-3,000, on a good day, and only if the potential buyer understood what those axles are and how nice the body lines line up compared to most I see like that. (Credit to the new mounting bushings)

2008 Dodge 3500 Blue Tech
2013 Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Landcruiser Rock Crawler LS1
1969 4X4 Resto Mod
dbash is offline   Reply With Quote