The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2024, 10:52 PM   #1
65Custom

Re: 65Custom Build Thread

We set in an engine to test fit everything and it looks like we will have to push it back, as it is right not it is about a 1/2 in front of the stock location. The front cross member is 1 inch forward but when installing the engine mounts first install as the instructions pushed the engine even more forward so we were able to flip sides and bring it back a 1/2 inch.

It really looks strange with all that space between the firewall and the back of the engine.

Probably will have to run a low profile valve covers (hope I can do that as I want to run a good set of roller rockers ) and also modify the firewall to be able to set it back more than it is right now, I'm not sure right now how far back we can go because the 4l80e has to also fit in there and pushing that back will surely have some interference somewhere, I believe it will be on the seam between the firewall and foot well. I may have to cut that off and weld it up to gain that 1/2 inch to clear the trans but we need to get a empty case to test fit it. So just to get the engine as far back as we can to get it as far behind the crossmember as possible there will be more modifications.
Attached Images

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 09:41 PM   #2
65Custom

Re: 65Custom Build Thread

All the body parts are back from sand blasting with a fresh coat of epoxy.
Attached Images

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote