The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #1
Saphiro

Price point for a drivable project

I'm seriously considering selling my C-20 and getting into a suburban. I like the idea of being able to take the whole family with me, and I suspect that the suburban will hold it's value together better than my '69 C-20.
I've found two trucks from the same seller that I think may be worth pursuing, but I want to get some perspective from folks who are borderline experts on these trucks.

The first truck is a 1972 GMC suburban with a 350 and a 4-speed, 2wd. It looks to be low-rust, but is missing the middle seat. The seller is asking $3500.

The second truck is a 1972 Chevy Suburban with a 350 motor and 350 tranny, 4X4. It's rusty, but everything appears to function (mechanically). The kicker is that it has no title (though I see that as a problem that can be overcome by using one of those title companies in Maine or Georgia). $1000.

I don't have a ton of space, otherwise I'd consider buying them both. Unless I can sell one of them quickly to aid in the overall cost.

Any thoughts as to the prices?
These are both on Craigslist, so someone could conceivably see this post and buy them out from under me. I understand that risk

Thank you!