The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #1
Big.Blue

50 Apache Restoration questions

Alright so my grandpa told me both the of his older vehicles 68 (I think) Ford Galaxy and his 50 Apache I could have and restore. Well I thought it over and I decided I rather do the Apache first even though I'm not a Chevy guy, lol. I just think this truck is flat out cool. Anyways on to the restoration...

I've never done anything like this, ever. Where do you start? Is there somewhere in this forum I'm missing that gives the guide lines to restoring a vehicle?

It has a straight 6 and a 3 on the tree factory but I would like to drop in either a 350 or a 4BT cummins but I think the 4BT may be more than I would want to spend with the suspension, braking, rear end, and trans unless someone can talk me into it lol. How much work is putting a 350 in one of these?

Any advice before I start this build? Any idea how much money it would take to do this build with my doing all the work but body work? Thanks in advance.
Big.Blue is offline   Reply With Quote