The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-05-2023, 05:43 AM   #4051
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I love the small campers. I'm disappointed I missed out, due to not being able to buy right when I saw it, on a newer bugger one. It was a tandem axle with squared lines from the '70s in pretty good shape. It had been stored under a carport all it's life. It was probably as short as you would find in a tandem. Not all dented up, the interior was ok but I would have redone to suit me. Would have been perfect behind my '72 K2500. Oh well. I'll build one if I don't end up finding one to buy that I like

I have never smoked, and I have never given anyone a hard time about their smoking either. I will say I feel I couldn't be any healthier at 67 years of age and one of the many things I credit for that is not smoking. Heredity plays a large role in many health issues. What I know I have in mine is heart/artery issues, diabetes, and aneurisms. My dad smoked for many years, but did quit many years before his passing. He passed due to the diabetes, he had an abdominal aneurism repaired, very late in life, he had two heart attacks back when he was smoking (in his 40s) and had his corroded arteries cleared, also late in life. He passed away at 79, about 11 years older than I am now. My oldest sister smoked many years, up to a point. She was always very health conscious, except she smoked. She died from a brain aneurism bursting at 2 weeks past her 40th birthday. My grandmother (Dad's mom) also passed due to a brain aneurism, but at a fairly elderly age. She also smoked. I could be next, but I believe my chances are better in all this risks due to living with the belief "health is our greatest wealth", and adhering to that with my lifestyle. I hope I didn't just jynx myself!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-05-2023 at 06:03 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 06:46 AM   #4052
tutone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdip View Post
Finally got my engine run/test stand done except the powder coat which will happen after this little SBF comes off. I built it so about 90% of the wiring will just lift out, so it should come apart and go back together fairly easy/quick.

I fired this puppy up today and it runs good but has a rear main leak that will have to be addressed, the main reason I purchased it was for the transmission, transfer case and overdrive, it was a package deal.
All the gears work and don't make any funny noises or any not so funny noises. Those will be checked, inspected internally and re-sealed before I install in my Jeep.

As you can see in the pic's the mufflers fold up for storage and transport with exhaust flex in between.
I would love to build one, just dont have the room. Maybe years ago when I built several engines. Now I find my oil leaks after I put them in.I really like that.
1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 10:20 AM   #4053
Sheepdip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutone View Post
I would love to build one, just dont have the room. Maybe years ago when I built several engines. Now I find my oil leaks after I put them in.I really like that.
Yep I always wanted one but never wanted to pay the money so I scrounged, begged, borrowed from all my car nut buddy's to keep my cost to an acceptable minimum. Of course they all claimed squatters rights.
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 07:36 PM   #4054
Lost in the 60's

Been restoring a '67 Camaro for a few years now. Full, AMD 1 piece trunk floor, full right, NOS, quarter panel and tail panel, Left AMD quarter skin. Closing in on getting the whole body in primer. This is the trunk seal gutter ready for epoxy sealer/primer along with the extension panel and interior trim panels for tomorrow's session.

Lost in the 60's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 08:54 PM   #4055
tutone

Good job. Those old camaros get in your blood. Parts are available and relatively reasonable.
Old 04-05-2023, 11:16 PM   #4056
dieseldawg142

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I could suck a golf ball through a garden hose. Not that I would. Not for less than 20 bucks.
hmmm....twenty bucks you say?....
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 05:53 AM   #4057
72 tigger

Nice work on the Camaro!
Will be sweet when you’re done
Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 03:59 PM   #4058
72c20customcamper

Got the brakes are making noise from the misses . Left rear caliper locked solid hardly anything left of the inner pad metal on metal
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 04:02 PM   #4059
72c20customcamper

Did some work on the AMX . This has been a 10 year project just seems more important things come up . Next will be installing the Wilwood disc brake kit .
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 03:17 AM   #4060
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
hmmm....twenty bucks you say?....
Yeah. I didn't know if that joke would fly. But so far so good. I don't think I'm in trouble.

I had an unusual thing happen to me today. I wrote a novel years ago. I was going to publish it. But my computer just ate it. I couldn't find it anywhere. I wrote 4 sequels but they just didn't measure up. It was my best work. 2 years I have looked for this thing. Nothing. It was gone.

I was looking for an old photograph today completely unrelated and there it was. I about fell out of my chair.

I will try and publish it now. My brother was going to help me. He had already published five books. (available on Amazon) but he unfortunately passed away last year. So, I'm on my own. What the F... I already wrote it. I can do this without my big brother. I sure miss him.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 06:28 AM   #4061
Boog
laying low

No big thing really but I put a window air conditioner in the shop and cleaned up a bit. That should make it a bit more tolerable out there this summer. Now it's time to paint the outside of the shop, before it gets hot again.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 05:11 PM   #4062
67C10Step

Wife’s Acura developed an annoying rattle somewhere under the hood and I’ve been chasing they sucker for months. Finally found it today. Small aluminum shield in front of the frame crossmember. Held on by M6x1.0 bolts on both ends but one of those stupid plastic push fasteners in the middle. You could see where that middle fastener had gotten loose and the center was vibrating. Put it back with a better fastener and a piece of plastic between the two metal pieces to insulate it a bit.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX

Last edited by 67C10Step; 04-09-2023 at 05:52 PM.
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 07:24 PM   #4063
special-K
Special Order

I talked to my mom yesterday and learned she has a pinched nerve in her back that is giving her a hard time. It hurts worst laying down and she's having a hard time sleeping. BTW, she'll be 93 next month, lives alone. so, no gathering at mom's for Easter. In fact, she didn't want company in case she needed to go get some sleep. She's taking a medicine that makes her groggy and she just wasn't up to socializing. But the friend who is a retired nurse that helps her with such matters was away for Easter.

I went to the store for food, bought a ham for myself and my son, as well as other things to throw together for an Easter dinner. I got the idea to go ahead and grill the ham yesterday evening ahead of time and fix up portions of the rest of today's meal for her. I left early this morning to run it up to her anyway. If she was asleep I'd just leave it for her and head back. well, she got better sleep last night, was up, and I got to visit with her a few hours before heading back to fix the meal for us. Made the most of the situation and we'll have pit ham for a while, then some bean soup!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 04-09-2023, 08:48 PM   #4064
SRU1436

Replaced the rear brake pads on my daughters CRV.
Attached Images

SRU1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 09:37 PM   #4065
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Supposed to be rotisserie grilled boneless leg of lamb, but the grill we bought doesn't have a provision for the spit. I grilled it, but got busy on the internet and when I went out to check on it, the temp was close to 600º. Got that straightened out with a bit more attention, but lost probably half a pound of meat to char. Not happy. The rest tasted good, though.

Also cleaned out and lubed the track on the sliding glass door to the back yard. All that rain and dirt splashing around clogged the channel.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 10:58 PM   #4066
Gotenntitans

Today, I finalized the deal to SELL my 1990 19K mile Sport today….that’s what I did to my truck today.

I don’t drive it much and I’m scared to get it out & get it dirty because I’m afraid of scratching the darn black paint while I’m washing it!

I’ve also had one stolen and I’m kinda paranoid about driving it and leaving it parked outside like at a movie theater, WalMart, or at work. I really enjoy the truck, but it worries me at the same time. The other guy made me a really nice offer and I accepted it today. The truck’s new home will be in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

My dad is 82 and owns a 2003 Silverado with 50K miles that he’s gonna make a gift of to me. So I’ll still be in the Chevy family.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 07:18 AM   #4067
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Supposed to be rotisserie grilled boneless leg of lamb, but the grill we bought doesn't have a provision for the spit. I grilled it, but got busy on the internet and when I went out to check on it, the temp was close to 600º. Got that straightened out with a bit more attention, but lost probably half a pound of meat to char. Not happy. The rest tasted good, though.

Also cleaned out and lubed the track on the sliding glass door to the back yard. All that rain and dirt splashing around clogged the channel.
I did my ham on the bigger Weber kettle on hardwood charcoal. Although I kept the fire to one side, the ham had to be close to center for the lid to fit over it. After the first check in only a few minutes, I saw how fast it could char, which was actually just right on the fatty side. It kept me busy rolling it around. Mmmm, that sure was good, though. It was hard driving the 2 1/2 hours back home before I could have my Easter meal. My mom really appreciated it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
Today, I finalized the deal to SELL my 1990 19K mile Sport today….that’s what I did to my truck today.

I don’t drive it much and I’m scared to get it out & get it dirty because I’m afraid of scratching the darn black paint while I’m washing it!

I’ve also had one stolen and I’m kinda paranoid about driving it and leaving it parked outside like at a movie theater, WalMart, or at work. I really enjoy the truck, but it worries me at the same time.
That's me with any nice truck I've had. I wear myself out keeping it spotless, can't leave it anywhere, and on an ultra low mile one every mile worries me about running it up. My divorce forced me into selling things. I had already come to terms with the fact I'm best off with drivers than minty showy trucks, but I still wanted at least one. But selling down was forced upon me, even projects, and I realize it was for the best now. Life for me is no longer about having and all about doing.

Tim

Old 04-10-2023, 11:58 AM   #4068
Gotenntitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That's me with any nice truck I've had. I wear myself out keeping it spotless, can't leave it anywhere, and on an ultra low mile one every mile worries me about running it up. My divorce forced me into selling things. I had already come to terms with the fact I'm best off with drivers than minty showy trucks, but I still wanted at least one. But selling down was forced upon me, even projects, and I realize it was for the best now. Life for me is no longer about having and all about doing.
The guy really made me a nice offer on it. Too good to pass up, actually. My son had a really nice 2010 Silverado 4x4 that got wrecked when he was hit from behind by someone talking on their phone. I may try to get one about that year with under 100K miles on it. I remember driving it a few times and liking it a lot.

I don't like the looks of Dad's '03 Silverado that he's agreed to give to me. I was never crazy about the "Cat Eye" years. Getting it for the right price, though, thanks to Dad. He always took good care of me and still is.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 04:05 PM   #4069
special-K
Special Order

I am one who is disappointed GMC didn't go with the cat eyes, since I prefer GMCs. I hated them at first, but grew to like that chiseled look, same as Cadillac has still. I actually prefer nothing newer than GMT400s. 21st century trucks/vehicles don't hold my interest as anything but newer transportation. That's how I felt about the GMT400s, even when I factory ordered my '92. It was just a work tool, but since it cost so much money I wanted it built my way. As trucks changed more and more from that platform I see them as the last classic trucks. It began with the extended cab short bed GMT400s that trucks became more built for people who don't actually need trucks to where they are now, took over the new car market as the family vehicle. I only like traditional cabs
Attached Images

Tim

Old 04-10-2023, 08:34 PM   #4070
tutone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post

I’ve also had one stolen and I’m kinda paranoid about driving it and leaving it parked outside like at a movie theater, WalMart, or at work. I really enjoy the truck, but it worries me at the same time. The other guy made me a really nice offer and I accepted it today. The truck’s new home will be in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

My dad is 82 and owns a 2003 Silverado with 50K miles that he’s gonna make a gift of to me. So I’ll still be in the Chevy family.
Very nice. I looked at a blue one in 92 but it had a v6 and I wanted a 350. Hard to find so I ordered a loaded up 93 Silverado. I wished I had kept it but back then, a truck was a truck.
Old 04-11-2023, 03:08 AM   #4071
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I did nothing on my truck today. I tried. I started it and the ole 396 fired right up.

Then it ran out of gas.

No problem. I've got a 2 gallon gas can that's pretty much full in the garage.

Problem. It has a locking gas cap and the key doesn't work.

So I go on Youtube to see how to get this dang thing open. They show guys using a screwdriver and it comes right off. I tried that...Didn't work. It's still on there. (sigh). This thing isn't giving up easy.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 05:49 AM   #4072
special-K
Special Order

I gave up on locking gas caps and lug nuts. Nothing worse than self-inflicted aggravation. It sure sucks locking yourself out of your own gas tank.

Tim

Old 04-11-2023, 06:14 AM   #4073
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I did nothing on my truck today. I tried. I started it and the ole 396 fired right up.

Then it ran out of gas.

No problem. I've got a 2 gallon gas can that's pretty much full in the garage.

Problem. It has a locking gas cap and the key doesn't work.

So I go on Youtube to see how to get this dang thing open. They show guys using a screwdriver and it comes right off. I tried that...Didn't work. It's still on there. (sigh). This thing isn't giving up easy.
That sucks about the Gas cap
I have never had removed them on a running vehicle.
A non-running Junker you have more choices.
Try U tube this method.

http://youtu.be/8AuiZGcHEo8?t=9
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 07:03 AM   #4074
Boog
laying low

I finished loading up the trailer with old wood from my shop makeover. Had a guy stop by some weeks ago asking for some of the fir siding I was replacing and I said get all you want. He drives by here 4 times a day at least and some how forgot about it. So I swear, less than 1 hour after I finished loading up my trailer he remembered and stopped in again. I told him if he still wanted it to get it cause it won't be here come Saturday. He found a son to help him unload and sort through the sheets and reload the rest. Super! Then I serviced all the lawn care equipment. Weeds are getting tall. It's time.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 08:19 AM   #4075
tutone

Well, I havent done it yet, but on today's agenda is designing a log moving device. Sorta like a log arch. Anybody here with any experience using one or building one? Nobody wants to skid out two trees so its up to me or they will rot where they sit. I have a couple of designs in mind to build sorta like.
Attached Images