The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Syndrome

Finally got my Grandpa's old GMC!

After years of wanting to get my hands on this truck my uncle finally gave it to me. Its just been sitting in his backyard getting rusty, I guess he figured I was young enough(24) to actually do something with it.

My Grandpa bought it brand new in 1970 just a few months before he passed. He was helping an old lady in the neighborhood put out a fire in her back yard when it spread to an area where her husband had buried dynamite.

Its been passed around the family ever since, with different people doing different things to it, some for the better some for the worse. The original motor was blown when the truck was about 10 years old, and my dad took it to rebuild but soon gave up on it losing it.

At first it only had the 'bucket' seat, I picked the other one out of a junkyard for free last weekend. I believe the motor is out of a 87-91 van, its a V8 350 TBI. I've got it to run but it wont idle, I just got it to run a few hours ago and am still messing with it. The steering column is out of an old Buick Skylark I think.

As you can tell my uncle is absolutely terrible at painting, and I'm pretty sure he did the body work with an 8lb sledge hammer while blindfolded and drunk.

Enough with the stories, here it is:

Is there a way I can put the pictures in a spoiler or something on this forum?

Last edited by Syndrome; 08-31-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote