The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
bowt1ed

Fuelish idea?

Running 3/8" s/s hard fuel lines from relocated No Limit tank all the way forward and thinking of just plumbing the hard line straight into the tank, in lieu of rubber/braided section up to hard line. I realize running hard line straight into the (mech) fuel pump wouldn't be wise due to the engine movement, but any reason why not to run it straight into tank since it is mounted solid to frame?
bowt1ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
Number 9

Re: Fuelish idea?

I ran my stainless 3/8 solid from the tank through the pump and filter to the regulator on the fire wall and a solid 3/8 return line to the tank. I hope it works also. I have a ss behind axle tank and a mallory return regulator.
Number 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
OrrieG

Re: Fuelish idea?

I ran 3/8 steel hard line from the tank to remote filter. Where it come out of the tank I put in an S bend before a 90 for the run parallel with the frame to allow for some movement. Should not be a problem but the frames were designed to flex. I ran rubber hose from the filter to the stock fuel pump (about a 6" run_ to allow for engine movement. Hard line from fuel pump to carb.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote