The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
PDW HOTRODS

Bed liner?

Any one here use a spray on bed liner in a semi show truck? My 56 will be a very nice driver, and i will enter in local shows, but I also want to be able to haul something if I want. I've had a couple trucks that had finished floors and I was always afraid to put more than a cooler and some lawn chairs in it.
PDW HOTRODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
Russell Ashley

Re: Bed liner?

I've seen trucks with wood bed floors that had sprayed in bedliner on the floor but I personally didn't care for it. It just didn't look right to me. I'm planning on painting my floor boards with several coats of Rustoleum paint. I'm thinking either black or dark blue to match the truck, with stainless strips. I also will use my truck for occasional hauling although nothing really heavy and I will be able to tough up the paint in case it gets scratched. BTW, I'm thinking Rustoleum because I painted an outdoor wooden bench with it many years ago and it is still good.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
Divine 59

I have been considering using the wood treated w/ por-15 and then a black (see the Mar-K) bed wood test. I have also been thinking about using a color matched spray on liner on the bed sides and front bed panel, only to the inside of the box. I don't know if I will like the texture, but it should not chip or scratch.... Just another idea to kick around.
Divine 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
mbgmike

There are many high dollar trucks with spray in liners. I personally like painted beds but if you use them as trucks i don't see it de valuating it at all. its really what you like not what someone else does or does not however. Like anything it has to be done right.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:06 AM   #5
Barney Rubble

I have a spray in liner on the vertical surfaces, timber floor. Looks good.
Too much was put on one of the sides however, and it makes the tail gate a bit of a b!tch to close.
Barney Rubble is offline   Reply With Quote