The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #1
Orange67

Factory interior color question

Hey everyone, I have a question on the color of the interior of my truck. I don't have a SPID, but unfortunately you can still see GM's glue where it once resided. My question is this- the truck is 67, it is still the factory orange paint inside and out. I know the interior hasn't been changed, it has bucket seats with the buddy seat that match the door panels and visors. The thing is, the dash pad, and original carpet including the gas tank carpet are dark red, but the seats, door panels and visors I would swear match the orange paint on the interior. As far as I can see, no one makes an orange interior replacement kit. Also, I did have one guy tell me GM did a "bright red" interior color that was closer to orange. Any ideas?

'67 C20 CST Custom Camper
'04.5 LLY Duramax CCSB...sold
Orange67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:41 PM   #2
gonnuts

Re: Factory interior color question

I think my door panels match my seat covers and sun visors pretty well considering they are 45 years old, and they are red. I've never seen a 67 with orange interior but I'm pretty sure they had orange trucks?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  67.3 KB
Old 01-29-2014, 11:20 PM   #3
chewychevy67

I had my interior colors done at sms auto fabrics. What you have is original that way They matched my factory red/orange and dark red vinyl and original loop carpet colors dead on. Only thing is I have yet to find a match to the seatbelt webbing. Rod.
chewychevy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:51 PM   #4
gonnuts

Only thing is I have yet to find a match to the seatbelt webbing. Rod.[/QUOTE]

Yep me too. And figure out how to get my buckles apart to restore them
Old 01-31-2014, 03:40 PM   #5
Orange67

Thanks for the responses guys, and gonnuts, very nice interior! Especially if its original! mine is thrashed, too much sun exposure over the years, but it is exactly like yours. I'm trying to get some picks posted. Maybe I can get to it today..... I guess putting red next to dark red would make it look orange (or faded I guess)? Thanks again! I installed the three point belts from Brothers, the color looks ok, but I sure miss the cool aircraft style buckles...

Old 01-31-2014, 04:46 PM   #6
slowcpe

In for '67 interior research. My interior is red and wanting to keep it as period correct as possible other than a few alterations.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:03 PM   #7
Orange67

slowcpe, that's why I started this thread, I really want to keep my truck as stock "looking" as possible, and I don't want to buy a seat cover that isn't right. gonnuts pics sure helped, and here is a shot of my interior. Not pretty, but she's clean.

edit: yes, my armrests aren't right, but the guy I sold her to (and bought her back from) had taken the original red 67 handles off because they were cracked and put white 71-2's on...
Attached Images

Last edited by Orange67; 01-31-2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01-31-2014, 08:18 PM   #8
gonnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange67 View Post
Thanks for the responses guys, and gonnuts, very nice interior! Especially if its original! mine is thrashed, too much sun exposure over the years, but it is exactly like yours. I'm trying to get some picks posted. Maybe I can get to it today..... I guess putting red next to dark red would make it look orange (or faded I guess)? Thanks again! I installed the three point belts from Brothers, the color looks ok, but I sure miss the cool aircraft style buckles...
Thanks, door panels are original, seat covers aren't obviously but they look exactly like original. Also my truck is a custom not CST so the seat isn't really original. I got the seat covers on here from Truckseats. I think it was kind of a one time deal but you could check with him.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  21.2 KB