The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
HarleyGuy

New truck owner!

So first off I'm brand new to the forums and really excited I stumbled upon it. I can't believe some of the projects I've seen on here and the amount of help being given out.
So I've been eyeballing truck 1967-1972's for longer than I can remember. My boys both have been shown 100's if not 1,000's of them their entire lives. Well last week I was looking on Craigslist and found this old farm truck and decided I was done being a wanna be. Got my buddy Sam to make the drive up to Goldendale WA with me, about 135 miles and off we went.

I wasn't disappointed at all. As a matter of fact I was excited as hell!

Loaded her up and headed home. Talked a hundred miles an hour about all the plans while we drove her back.

Sam and I work together at a Dealership so we took her right down and decided we had to mess around a bit.

Sam had a set of wheels and tires he wasn't using so we slapped them right on.

Then we wanted to see what the old paint would do if we hit it with a little compound just for the heck of it.

Pulled the old farm rack off the box and she looks a lot better.

As you can see there is a lot of work to be done!

This is going to be a very slow project to start off. I'm going to focus on getting her to the point where I can drive her around a on occassion. Once I've decided what direction I ultimately want to go then I'll start really getting into it. She's got a 250 inline 6cyl with a 4 speed tranny and who know's what the future will bring. For now I just want a classy of petina rittled truck to play with.

Last edited by HarleyGuy; 11-13-2011 at 05:19 PM.
HarleyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote