The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2003, 01:16 PM   #1
cali_surfer

lowering advice

Currently, I have lowered coils on the front and back of my truck. I cut a coil out of the front and have 4" drop coils on the rear. I measured the front of the truck, and it has 30" from the ground to the bottom of the fender lip, the back end measures 32" from the ground to the bottom lip..... so that's a 2" difference. I didn't want to buy new coil springs again, but was wondering if I could go for adding 2" lowering blocks...? Could i get away with that without having to do a C-notch? See..... the plan is to air bag it down the line, but I can't do that with college going on rightnow **lack of funds!!** So, for the time being, buying a set of blocks is a lil cheaper than buying new coils. Am I on the right track or ???
Old 03-07-2003, 01:20 PM   #2
Gene

How close is your housing to the frame now? I would measure that and subtract 2 inches and thats how much travel you will have after the lowering blocks. If its less than 2 inches travel I would not go that far but you could always add a polyurethane bumper to cushion the blow when and if you bottom out.\

Oh and you will also need longer U-bolts to go along with the blocks because there is not enough threads on the stock bolts.

BOARD MEMBER #5448

BOOMER SOONER!!!!
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 01:34 PM   #3
cali_surfer

Yeah..... I know about the longer U-bolts. I'm trying to make a decision because there is a big chevy/gmc truck show this weekend and there are tons of vendors selling products. Classic Performance Products is gonna be there and they specialize in brakes and suspension..... so I was planning on hitting them up. Gotta love show discounts