The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-18-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
scoyote

Heater bypass valve

Or whatever it's called.

Inside the box (no air conditioning) there is a valve with a seal on it that either allows or prevents heated air from getting past it.

The box number is: GM 3016558

Anyway, that seal on the valve is toast on my blazer and I cannot find a replacement anywhere.

Has anyone had to replace that one and if so, where did you get the parts?

LMC doesn't have it
Car and Truck Shop doesn't have it.

And I need it

1991 F250 - Hunting truck w/ Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front and rear winches .... and more....
1997 Grand Cherokee - fun jeep - Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front winch, 411 gears, lots of lights ;-)
2004 Hot Rod DuraMax - Dnyo'd at the wheels with 525 HP and 1100 lbs torque.....mustang killer.
scoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
woodymm3

Re: Heater bypass valve

i just pulled a heater box yesterday. I may be able to get rid of. If you want the whole working assembly let me know i will get a price for you. I dont have just the seals and would rather keep the heater box assembly together.
woodymm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
scoyote

Let me know what you need for it and as long as it's in good condition I would be very interested.

I live in Colorado....we need heaters here ;-)

1991 F250 - Hunting truck w/ Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front and rear winches .... and more....
1997 Grand Cherokee - fun jeep - Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front winch, 411 gears, lots of lights ;-)
2004 Hot Rod DuraMax - Dnyo'd at the wheels with 525 HP and 1100 lbs torque.....mustang killer.
scoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
woodymm3

cool i will check out wiw and get back to you.it is all there the core is pretty new as well. supposedly the po replaced it within months of me buying it so it is only a year and a half old if that is the case.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #5
woodymm3

Ok so i got the heater box assembly pulled and i put up a wiw thread. The answer i got was that with the fan and the heater core it was generally 30-50 depending on condition. This isnt in perfect condition as there is a small crack near where one of the bolts go and where the fan housing is instead of a screw it has a rivet. I will say 35 plus shipping. if this seems good to you let me know. Oh also there is some blue silicon still stuck to it from the po replacing the heater core like i said before. everything that is wrong with it though is cosmetic. it works well.

hit me back and let me know if you still want it and your address and ill get some shipping info and give you a total. i take paypal.