The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
Rally Nova

Exhaust Kits from Classic Heartbeat

I'm shopping around for an exhaust system for the 'Ol 69 GMC & have heard some talk on the LMC kits, but no one has commented on the kits from Classicheartbeat.com. Has anyone had any dealings or comments? I'm looking for all the info before buying. Thanks Ya'll
2004 GMC 2500 Crew Cab
Rally Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
epthree04

Re: Exhaust Kits from Classic Heartbeat

i would also like to know. i might be getting a 67 chevy also and want some duals for that!
epthree04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:03 PM   #3
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

I do not have any dealings with the exhaust from wes at classic but he is a stand up guy and would be more than willing to help you out if ya called him on the # provided on his site..

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:40 AM   #4
bskylerj
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72
I do not have any dealings with the exhaust from wes at classic but he is a stand up guy and would be more than willing to help you out if ya called him on the # provided on his site..
I agree. Wes is a great guy to do business with. Call him up if you any questions. He is more than willing to help out.
bskylerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:32 AM   #5
pound41

They are the same LMC sells heartbeat kits if memory serves me correctly
pound41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:58 AM   #6
hoser
Account Suspended

Kit I got form LMC is a POS, the quality of the materials is top notch the fit on the truck is not even close, I still have not figured out how ot make the tail pipes fit when I get some time will cut turn and weld them until they do, the instructions tell you to rotate the long pipes to provide clearance around the shift linkage and transfer case, the pipes they want you to rotate are STRAIGHT! You can rotate them all you want they still point in the same direction..

The dirvers side pipe is too high and hits the trans linkage so you cant shift to L1 the other side clears the transfer case just fine but you cant install the tail pipe.

I butchered the old exhaust removing it so was pretty much stuck with what I got tried to call them got stuck on hold twice, hey after 10 minutes I hang up the phone, after 5 I have a good idea what customer service means, I will chalk this one up to experiance and NOT do any further business with them I will also go out of my way to tell others about their NO FIT POS exhaust systems and PISS POOR customer service!

LMC = BUYER BWEARE

No dobut their are hundreds that will come here and tell you how good they are and how they had no problems I am happy for them since they didnt have to taste the bad..
hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:31 AM   #7
pound41

You need to go to the heartbeat website if that is what you got. That is what both my kits from LMC have been. There was a thread just recently about this where everybody aggreed the directions SUCK. But everybody agreed the quality was good and price was great. I have them on 2 of my blazers oldest one being over 8yrs. I just looked under my blazer the drivers side should clear the linkage by 1/2 to 1 inch straight shot down the side. The passenger side should shoot through the hole between the transfer case and crossmember. Maybe you have the l/r manifold pipes reversed. I did that with the 1st kit. When you get to the tailpipes just try them both
they actually fit pretty good when you figure it out. We all have struggled.
Anyway in the recent post guy put up the heartbeat website so go through them LMC just sells their kits
pound41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #8
Rally Nova

I got a reply back from Wes @ Classic Heartbeat & decided to buy the Heart Throb kit from JC Whitney. I bought the kit with out mufflers & ordered a pair of Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers from Summit.
The Classic Heartbeat kits come with no name mufflers & is not mandrel bent. I'm hoping I made a good decision, I should know in a couple of weeks!
2004 GMC 2500 Crew Cab
Rally Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #9
JAKES 68GMC
Aluminum slot wheels rule...

Beware of JC Whitney. They have a tendency to send you the wrong parts that won't even fit your vehicles, from my experience with them.
JAKES 68GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #10
tom71
what happened to flint mi

i installed hooker headers and their dual exhaust kit this weekend it was not a bad install everything fit fine i had a set of mufflers from the lmc kit and i installed those , they suck a$$ .oh and the headers and exhaust was just over 300bucks
56 gmc 2wd project waitng
97 fiance mobile

Last edited by tom71; 04-30-2006 at 06:27 PM.
tom71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:11 PM   #11
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

I have spent about $1000.00 to get the exhaust right on my project truck. At first MIDAS said they could do me a custom exhaust and would take 3 hours to do. They had my truck for 13 hours and it looked like sh!t . It hit on everything and they bent the pipe by heating it up with a torch and bending it with a long pipe. That was $300.00. I then bought a JC Whitney system that was supposed to fit the truck perfectly. Yea right. After all that I took it to a guy my dad knows who should have done it to begin with. It was like art work. Take my advise and get a good custom shop to do it. You will save money in the long run.

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:02 PM   #12
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Well I paid exactly $500 for mine, it is all custom (Bent at the shop) and they
had mine 3 whole days, but I didn't want it rushed, the price would have been
alot cheaper if I had not gone w/ SS Magnaflows, but that's what I wanted
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:54 AM   #13
jostrans68
Jostrans68

Wes's Kits are the same as LMC Ih have one of each both on 68 lwb they worked fine not a bad fit Havent heard second one yet . It is a glaspack version and was easier than the turbos to install my .02
Old 05-01-2006, 08:08 AM   #14
4x4Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pound41
...I just looked under my blazer the drivers side should clear the linkage by 1/2 to 1 inch straight shot down the side. The passenger side should shoot through the hole between the transfer case and crossmember. Maybe you have the l/r manifold pipes reversed. I did that with the 1st kit. When you get to the tailpipes just try them both
they actually fit pretty good when you figure it out...
That sounds like good advice. Hopefully the pipes aren't welded together yet.

http://www.heartthrobexhaustinc.com/

I have yet to order a kit from HeartThrob, but I called them and discovered three benefits:
1. The person I talked to knew everthing about the exhaust systems. No LMC-style teleoperator customer service.
2. HeartThrob will allow one to purchase the kits without mufflers so one can use a muffler of choice. This cuts down on the kit price and shipping (a little). IIRC, the kits cost a little less direct from HeartThrob than LMC.
3. Returns or problems would be direct with the mfr so any problems should be rectifiable.