The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2008, 10:36 PM   #1
powell72

Small step towards my rust repair

I decided a while back I was ready to fix the rust on my truck and get it painted. I have had all the rust repair pieces for it for some time now including a factory AC system. Evaluating my truck I decided finding a donor '72 AC cab was the best sollution, I wouldn't need to cut any holes for the AC in my non-AC cab, my cab has some rust in the upper right hand corner on the windshield channel I wasn't looking forward to fixing, plus I could continue to drive my truck while doing the rust repair and seriously cut down on down time.
I knew I wanted to find a '72 Cheyenne cab so I wouldn't need to cut cargo lamp and headliner holes. After some searching my buddy found this truck on craigslist for $500.

He needed the five lug stuff off it for a new truck of his so we split the cost and hauled it to his place. It's a factory BB truck, the motor and trans were gone but all the accessories were there with brackets. Including the motor mounts and stands!
The front clip and bed are no good, but the hood, cab, and headgate are in good shape, so I'll end up using them on my truck.

Here's what two hours in a fully equipped shop got for us. It sure is handy having a forklift.

Now I just need to get the cab to my place, I've already cleared out a spot in the garage for it. I'm pretty excited to get going on this project. I plan on getting the cab media blasted this month or right after the first of the year.

Back to my buddy, he has a nice stash of trucks and parts. I've posted his maroon '71 Super here before. These are two of his other trucks (but not the only ones).

'67 big window with a fresh 350/700R4 combo.

And his new truck, a very clean, untouched survivor '69, 350, auto truck. He put the tach and tilt in and will be using the 5-lug stuff on this truck along with a 4/6 and some rallys.

http://www.classictrucks.com/feature...short_bed.html

Last edited by powell72; 11-30-2008 at 10:49 PM.
powell72 is offline   Reply With Quote