The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2015, 07:35 PM   #1
Jap spec

1972 C10 - South Africa

Hey there guys... New on the forum and just thought I'd like to share in my excitement...

After months of searching over here, in the line of an old Chevy truck, I finally found what I was looking for... After searching on numerous sites and missing some good ones by a day or two at some point it seemed like it just wasn't going to happen.... Late one night, actually around this time in the morning for me(1.06am) I found an add on gumtree which had been posted 3 days prior... Having the luck I'd had I thought the truck would be gone but i emailed anyway...

Later in the day I received a response saying, " not yet".. I replied asking for more pictures and they were sent... I loved it... A one owner, original paint and no real rust 72... Up country car nowhere near any sea, this truck was still all together, and the perfect candidate for my ultimate truck....

The problem being that high up country was getting it all the way over to me... After calling a couple transport companies with no luck, a friend of mine came up with a plan...
Having family towards that area, we managed to convince a friend to pic it up, but would need my trailer. I hopped in the van and drove in that direction... Stayed over the night, had an awesome steak and drove home...

3 days later it arrived in the early hours of the morning and I was super happy...
Over here you just don't see the trucks anymore and the condition as bad as it might seem to some its actually great... I have no reason to want to paint it so that's why it took so long to find one with "patina" vibes going.. What you guys call "honest"... Hahaha.....

Anyway, here it is in my driveway.....

Such a cool looking truck I think.... the original 327 in it and Runs a 3 speed column shift box... Doesn't help that the previous owner said "on the road", but the carb was on the front seat.. Haha...

Anyway, that's it for tonight.. Will post up some more tomorrow of where it's at and going........
Jap spec is offline   Reply With Quote