The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
SBC RACING

Tremec in my '62 Shortbed???

I also posted this in the 60-66 forum but i figured some of you guys have probably done the swap and will have some insight. I currently have a '62 shortbed with a 350 and sm420 transmission. I want to swap in a Tremec TKO transmission.

First, do guys know whether the factory bellhousing i have will work with the Tremec TKO transmission - Is the register in the bellhousing the right size for the throwout bearing retainer on the Tremec?

Is it OK to just use the crossmember under the bellhousing with the Tremec hanging there, or do i need a crossmember under the trans itself? I ask because i have a '62 with the torsion bars and im not sure if a crossmember will fit under the trans with the torsion bars??? Maybe someone has done this???

Lastly, my truck has the factory hydraulic clutch setup with the slave cylinder pushing the clutch fork..Will this setup be OK with the Tremec trans?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thank you
SBC RACING is offline   Reply With Quote