The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1988-1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-29-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
GMC1TON

1992 454 Big Block & 4L80E Trans NEW

ENGINE HAS BEEN SOLD!!!

Still have trans.......

1992 454 TBI Engine. This is a new “takeout” or complete service engine.
I bought these items back in 2003 from a person that was going to put them in his motor home but didn’t follow through. Again the engine & trans are new, never been in a vehicle.
I’m also including a new alternator and A/C compressor which were missing when I bought the engine/trans. The only other items not present are the studs for the air cleaner and the air cleaner throttle body gasket.
Every month or so I have been turning the engine over by hand to prevent damage and corrosion.
Not sure of the exact year of the 4L80E but it has never been in a vehicle as evidenced by the torque converter shipping bracket and tail shaft shipping cover. The trans looks a little dirty from sitting.
My plan was to put them in my ’84 GMC truck but like the previous owner I didn’t go through with the project and they have been in my garage ever since.
In addition to the parts pictured I’ve also acquired a new engine harness, A/C lines, fuel lines and radiator hoses for a 1991 Suburban application in order to adapt this drivetrain to my truck.
Those parts are available as well.
I'm asking exactly what I paid for the engine and trans which is $3000 as a package, so the alternator and A/C compressor thrown in with the deal as well as a new serpentine belt.

I have pics available upon request but I cant get them to load here.

I would prefer that these items be picked up in person but I can try to crate them up and ship them truck freight for a additional charge.

If any questions just ask.
I can also be reached at (810)610-0145
[/B]

Last edited by GMC1TON; 01-21-2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: engine has been sold........
GMC1TON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Re: 1992 454 Big Block & 4L80E Trans NEW

Looks like a good deal for someone. Let me know if you would be interested in trading for a brand new $4000 Snap-On plasma cutter.

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote