The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Express Down conversion window harness!

I've got several sets of harnesses assembled and tested for the 73-87 Pickups which will allow you to convert to a more modern one touch Express Down for both sides. I've built and installed a prototype harness in my 86 K-10 and have made a few little changes to it and now they are ready for sale. If there is enough interest in this kit, I plan to release harnesses for the K5 (rear gate window) and well as 4-doors and Suburbans, too.

My kit upgrades your existing power window harness in two ways: it converts to a relay based system AND uses the Express Down feature! As with all of my harnesses, everything is soldered and is designed with j1128 spec high grade crosslink Delphi automotive wire and is clearly labelled. PM or email with questions. My email is gbodyparts1234@yahoo.com

I am available to build a custom harness if you have specific needs also, just let me know-for example, if it's hot weather and you want a one touch Express Down for all 4 doors in your crew cab and or Suburban simultaneously, I can build it that way. Before anybody asks, due to the relatively high resistance of the OEM window motors along with less than ideal factory window track design, it's not a good idea to allow for an Express Up feature-not only could it be potentially dangerous (a childs head or fingers could get pinched/crushed), it would be too much load electrically for the solid state module to operate under.

I've recently started offering these kits for a variety of my fellow gbody owners and am extending this design onto my 73-87 trucks, too. PM for details on using this kit on 72-older trucks or 88-up too as this kit will work on those as well. Price is $179.99 per kit and each kit services both LH and RH door windows for a pickup or K5 w/o the rear gate window option-for now.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote