The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
morgan71

Zinc Fenders (How well do they fit?)

Okay I know the board gets lots of questions on how this or that fits so I did a search on these zinc fenders like the ones that GMC Pauls has for sale, and found some stuff dating back around 2007. So I guess they have been out for a while so I was just wondering if anyone has any recent experience with the fit and quality of these fenders. I have a decent set of original fenders that need the normal rust repair, but thought to save myself some time and labor I would get a set of these if the fit and finish is good. Any advice on these would be appreciated
morgan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:59 AM   #2
chevychase

Re: Zinc Fenders (How well do they fit?)

Bump for a good question
Old 03-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
mbgmike

Re: Zinc Fenders (How well do they fit?)

Most all the vendors sell the zinc plated then edp coated fenders. Its not a vendor thing. The fit is the same like any reproduction part. May fit great or may need some massaging depending on vehicle. overall I am pleased with the aftermarket fenders. They do at times need to be trimmed or holes enlarged at times. One time the outer skin was crimped before it layed over the brace and had to be fixed.No reproduction part is an exact bolt on everytime. not even oem from one vehicle to another. many people complain about the fit but most body men don't cause they know how it is. When we get a complaint from some of the shops we deal with here in houston, we know its bad fit cause they are pro body men.
they usually fix it without complaint. the biggest problem we have had is the top lines of the fenders don't always line up good with the cowl hoods. Its hard cause everyone has their opinion on perfection

Last edited by mbgmike; 03-13-2011 at 10:32 AM.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote