The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-08-2008, 02:05 AM   #1
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

How many board members did YOU meet this weekend??

I met 15+ members this weekend. Many of them for the first, and doubtfully last, time. Here's the proof!

The Midwest All Trucks Nationals was this weekend in KC and over 15 members were there with more than 13 trucks. Saturday did see some rain, but that didn't slow anyone down. Not even good ol' acl who had never driven in the rain before.

You can read more about the event in the Event Coverage forum. Some really good guys there, and all in all, a great weekend.

Here's the line we had at the show. The host club did a great job of allowing the clubs to stay grouped together.

Here are a couple group shots we setup. This one about got us in trouble with Johnny Law, but we all made it out OK.

From that line we pulled out and took individual shots. you can see those pics over in the coverage thread. but then we re-lined up and took my absolute favorite pic of the weekend.

After everyone left GRIMSS and I stayed back and took advantage of the location. Here are a couple of them.

In was a great weekend, even with the weather. I had a lot of fun meeting new people and hearing their truck stories. The good, the bad and even the ugly.

Last edited by IvelDesigns; 09-08-2008 at 02:48 AM.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:17 AM   #2
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: How many board members did YOU meet this weekend??

Nice grouping there. It's always kool meeting new members from here.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 AM   #3
acl

What a great weekend, a cool bunch of G.M. fans, and lots of neat truck as a bonus. This was my first and certainly not last meeting with other board members. Levi and Nate thanks for keeping everyone posted about the weekend. If you were within a few hours and thought about going and didn't you missed a great show and a chance to be apart of a fun group. Whats next guys i can't wait. (rain what rain, it will and did wash) wife took a bunch of photo as well, will get them posted soon. Thanks for letting me be part of a neat weekend and group. Gary
acl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 AM   #4
c10addict

Great pics!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!
54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...
07 GMC Sierra 5/7 drop, 22's and 24's Air ride on my mind..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=339340

See pics of my trucks in my profile
c10addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:25 AM   #5
70c10
67-72 Addict!

IvelDesigns- nice pics! As much as I like cowl hoods, I really like your truck with the stock hood on it

1970 C/10 Fleetside w/Ghost Flames
Lowered 4.5" front and 4" rear (Raked)
355/350 Turbo w/shift kit
10" Redneck Performance Verter w/2500 stall
Hooker Super Comps part#2808-1
Performer RPM Air-Gap
12 Bolt w/3:73 gears- Eaton Posi
Comp Cams XE262 with 1.6 Crane Energizers, Road Demon 625 and Brodix IK 180 heads
70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:48 AM   #6
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

and next year we need even more members there!!!!!!!!!!! KC Metro guys, this means you!

We have been challenged by another truck club to have more members there. We will prevail!

Ever single guy and gal I met from the board this weekend was someone I'd be happy to hang with. What a great time!

And Levi, thanks for documenting with the great pics!!!

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:20 AM   #7
bobbo
Droppin' It Like It's Hot!

Most definitely an awesome time! We need EVERYONE that can attend for next year! We need to beat the Stovebolt group!!! Thanks everyone!
1969 1500

Norwood, MO 2007
Big Sandy, TN 2008 Had nothing to do with the forklift!
Kirkwood, MO (Midwest Meet 2009)
Midwest All Truck Nationals, KCMO - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2012 - 2014

SUPPORT THE SITE HERE!
bobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Just two, but I had already met them before

Cool pics!
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 09-08-2008 at 08:56 AM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:10 AM   #9
ksjh1316
Account Suspended

Sorry guys I got stuck at Old settlers day in Olathe as my neice was walking in the parade there. Met several folks with some nice rides there. There were 5 trucks at that car show. Several mentioned with the weather was why they were there instead of the big truck show. There were 2 great 72's a 67 and a 68 as well as a 65 that was for sale. I forgot the camera. Plan on being out next year hopefully it won't be the same weekend as Old Settlers Day again.
ksjh1316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:27 AM   #10
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

I didn't meet any new board members this w/e. I do like the pics though, especially the panoramic one with all of the trucks!

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #11
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
The wife and I had a great time. Plus, we had a great cruise down and back (525 miles total) on secondary roads. Of course we had to stop at a couple of antique shops on the way...

I enjoyed meeting members I hadn't met before and seeing the ones I met at the Midwest Board Meet again. Really couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of people.

Good thing Mikey was there or I would have been the shortest guy in the picture... .. Oh well, I still have the distinction of being the oldest member there. Thanks to everyone and props to Levi for posting the pics. I have a couple I will post later today.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #12
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Ivel, thanks for documenting the event! It was great meeting everyone, and next year will be even better.

The Midwest Board Meet is a must for all those in the area!!!

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #13
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Someone had mentioned passing on the pm that Doug (tcb-1) sent out to all attending members, as well as Josh and Liz.

This was one of the best weekends I have had in a while, and I'm already planning for next year. Every board member that was there was a stand up member, and truly represented the board 110%. From having banners made up, and spreading word about the Board, and what a benefit it was, we were truly proud.

Anyway... here's the pm that was sent out:

Subject: 9th Annual Midwest All Truck Nationals, And WE were there!!

Liz, Josh, and All

Be warned, this is long one!

I just wanted you to know how well the 67-72 board was represented this weekend at the Midwest All Truck Nationals, in Riverside MO. The show was sponsored by the Greater Kansas City GMC/Chevrolet Trucks of Kansas City. All donations were being given to the Marine Corp "Toys for Tots", a very worthy cause.

Everyone who was there from the board were absolutely great guys and gals. 72blckbuty and GRIMSS brought tents, which were greatly needed when the rain came Saturday afternoon. Thanks GUYS!! 72blckbuty brought flyers promoting the board. Iveldesigns and acl brought signage. Even though the rain we encountered on Saturday afternoon dampened the park grounds, it in no way dampened the spirits of all that was there. We had several people come by the table and pick up flyers. It was funny that we would all try to tell the person how much we enjoyed the board and that we all felt like we knew each other, even though most of us only met that day. I think they felt a bit overwhelmed at how inviting our group was. And it really was.

But as much good as I can say about the people who were there from the board, I can't begin to talk about how much heart these people have. Example. Iveldesigns had an absolutely beautiful banner made up to display by the table we had our flyers on. Needless to say , everyone wanted it to take home for "garage art"!! But instead, we as a group decided to raffle the banner off, $1 per ticket, and the money was to go for the Toys for Tots program. So we started digging deep and by the time we were through, we had made close to $60 for the raffle. The lucky winner took home the banner and Toys for Tots took home the proceeds. To say I was proud to belong to such a group was an understatement.

But that's not were it ends.

Today the weather was a bit nicer so I decided to head back to the show and meet up with the board members who had stayed the night. I got there and Iveldesigns and Bobbo were there so I pulled the truck in and us 3 commenced to hanging out again. The day before, we had counted 15-16 active board members who were at the show, so we thought we would have a good chance at getting an award for the most club participation. It would be nice to be able to present you with the trophy, yes?

So the awards ceremony started and we went to watch. Our board member 68_GMC received to loudest exhaust award!!!! His truck wasn't just loud, but it was a beautifully loud!! It was music. Congrats!!

Then came the time that us 3 were anxiously awaiting, the club participation award. The Stovebolt Club, a club dedicated to Chevrolet and GMC 6 cylinders, was called up. They had 12 members present. But the host then called the "67-72Chevytrucks.com boys", to come on down. So as a group, us 3 went up and accepted the reward, a crisp new $50 bill. We even had our pictures taken which I hope we didn't break the camera. So we went and sat back down and watched the rest of the ceremonies. What a wonderful job the host did. Oh did I not mention, she's a board member too??? Talk about a woman with spirit and a true love for family, friends, and Chevy trucks. Her board name is is2blu. She is a driving force for this fine show.

Earlier in the ceremony, the host had requested that if we could, donate a dollar or so to a family of a woman who died this year of breast cancer. This woman was also the secretary of the hosting truck club and it sound like she was deeply loved and deeply missed.

Now come the part that's still hard for me to write. As we were sitting there watching the closing words from the host, we decided that the money we won because of club participation should be donated back to woman's family that past away. We were going to send the money to you, because without the board, we wouldn't have won anything. But we thought you'd be proud of the entire crew that was here if we'd donated the money, so that's exactly what we did.

So I got up and walked to the stage were the donation bucket was at and showed the host the same bill she gave us a few minute before, going into into the donation.

To say I was proud of our group at that time is an understatement. The host called out our club again and said we just donated our winnings back, and our club received a huge round of applause. As I walked back to my seat, a girl came forward from the family and hugged me and said thank you. I said it was the least we could do, and walked back to Levi (Iveldesigns) and Rob (Bobbo). I think if we weren't "tough guys" haha we would have been crying. It was just the right thing to do at the right time.

We walked back to our trucks a little prouder.

I would personally like to thank all the members that came to this "mini board meet". Not only are these people kind and considerate, they give from the heart and think of others. They may drive a beater, a daily driver, or beautifully restored truck, but they are all genuine. These people came from all over (Iowa, Kansas, Missouri) with rain in the forecast and some without working wipers!! But they came.

We have received a challenge for next year from the Stovebolt Club. We are going to bet (what I don't know yet!) who will have the most board members and trucks there next year.

SO, the gauntlet has been thrown in the ring. Next year we WILL bring home the trophy, we WILL have more board members there, and we WILL have an even greater time!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to thank all that attended. I sincerely hope that everyone makes it home safe and may God be with you on your journey. We had fun and we have to do this again. I'm proud to be a part of this group, I mean family.

Regards,
Doug Foust
aka TCB-1

attendees (hope I'm not missing someone)
72blckbuty
GRIMSS
68_GMC
acl
iveldesigns
lolife99
86_Red_Bowtie
piecesparts
is2blu
chipflyer
jeffspower
wugunguy
lockdoc
bobbo
kyull67
72ironmike (and his brother)
420am
BLAZERMAN

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)

Last edited by 72BlckButy; 09-08-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #14
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Sounds like a typical BB meet.I kinda got choked up too.
I've met at least one of the members that was there in person probably more but bobbo did make an impresion.(unfortunately not all of them)I have yet to meet a member I wouldn't want to hang with.I think the two options you mentioned with the winnings were just about what most members I have met would have done.Great show guy's wish I had been there.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 09-08-2008 at 05:30 PM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:58 PM   #15
bobbo
Droppin' It Like It's Hot!

Thank you! I have enjoyed meeting friends from the board in person as well and don't have a bad experience with any. This board is so great because of the people that call it home. I love you guys in an "I'm not gay" way!
1969 1500

Norwood, MO 2007
Big Sandy, TN 2008 Had nothing to do with the forklift!
Kirkwood, MO (Midwest Meet 2009)
Midwest All Truck Nationals, KCMO - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2012 - 2014

SUPPORT THE SITE HERE!
bobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #16
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Don't worry bobbo, I don't think the rest of us were "man" enough to even say it, but you know we're all thinking the samething. It's as though we've known each other for years... crazy but true.

This is more than just a bunch of people apart of the same board, we're more like a family!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #17
BLAZERMAN
Currently Blazerless

Had a good time and met some great members for the first time..along with some I've met before. You couldnt ask for a better bunch!!

I sure wish I knew you guys were going to do a group photo, I would have stuck around longer.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #18
BLAZERMAN
Currently Blazerless

A few pics of the raffle.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:10 PM   #19
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

BLAZERMAN.... it looks like your wife caught my best side...

I wish I would have taken a few more pics of the days events, I don't know what I was thinking.

Last edited by 72BlckButy; 09-08-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:32 PM   #20
GRIMSS

Great pics, great show, and mostly a great group to hang out with. I'm going to make sure to do this again.

Blazerman you slipped out just as we were deciding what we were going to do. Wish you and your truck could have been included in the pics.
1968 Camaro
1968 Volksrod "NOBACK"

55-59 one piece window Video
55-59 one piece window template files
Jared
GRIMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:46 PM   #21
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMSS View Post
Great pics, great show, and mostly a great group to hang out with. I'm going to make sure to do this again.

Blazerman you slipped out just as we were deciding what we were going to do. Wish you and your truck could have been included in the pics.
x2!!

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #22
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

WOW!! Those pics are brilliant. What I would give to be able to take my Truck and meet up with all you guys and get to know you all in person
And really cool to see the faces of board members who I have spoken to anonymously here on the forum.
Can you post the names left to right...I recognise 72 blckbuty and locdoc.
Doug which one is you?.

Thanks for the pics Ivel, your Truck has always been one of my favorites.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger

Last edited by eightbanger; 09-11-2008 at 04:19 PM.
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #23
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

hey, if you come next year, you can get the "furthest traveled" award! i think it was $100 in cash

here's the list of names from left to right: grimss, jeffspower, 68_GMC, acl, chipflyer, wugunguy, kyull67, tcb-1, inneedofadelorean, iveldesigns, 72blybuty, lockdoc, bobbo

the little dude in the yellow shirt is my son mikie.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #24
c10addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BlckButy View Post
Don't worry bobbo, I don't think the rest of us were "man" enough to even say it, but you know we're all thinking the samething. It's as though we've known each other for years... crazy but true.

This is more than just a bunch of people apart of the same board, we're more like a family!
Well said... I felt the same way when I met a few guys at Columbus Goodguys... Feel like they are old friends...
54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...
07 GMC Sierra 5/7 drop, 22's and 24's Air ride on my mind..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=339340

See pics of my trucks in my profile

Last edited by c10addict; 09-11-2008 at 05:27 PM.
c10addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #25
project 67 sub
Account Suspended

i met raguemoe
project 67 sub is offline   Reply With Quote