The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #1
C1ph3r

CPP disk conversion from The Truck Shop opinions

hey guys. Didnt know where to post this. Felt like asking a question in the vendor review page wasnt the right way to go.

The Truck shop has a warehouse right down the street from me. Saves a ton of time and money on shipping.

I was going to get their disk brake conversion until i noticed it was a CPP kit.

I have read a LOT of the bad press on CPP. And I have read a lot of posts that say if you can get it from a vendor and dont have to deal with CPP direct you can usually come out pretty good.

Well I ask Truck Shop who would i deal with if I have any issues with the kit. Fitment or any of the many issues I have read about. Would I deal with them or CPP direct. They told me CPP direct.

This is a shame because the kit is a good price and seeing as I wouldn't have to pay shipping it makes it that much better. Comes pretty complete with MC and booster.

I was between CPP and ECE for this conversion. I was leaning towards ECE with all the bad press. But, with Truck Shop being so close the cost savings really adds up.

I guess this was a long winded way to ask, has CPP improved any?

Thanks,
A.W.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:26 AM   #2
zach_carver

Re: CPP disk conversion from The Truck Shop opinions

Idk about brake components from CPP but everything Ive bought from them have been good quality. I love my CPP sway bars! Ive always thought CPP had good parts and just have bad customer service. Ive never read many bad reviews involving part fitment or poor performance. I just always order my CPP parts off of ebay or Summit, never had a problem that way.

LINK TO SUPER SNOOPY C10 BUILD---> http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=689283

1977 C10 SILVERADO HAWAIIAN BLUE, 5/5" DROP, LS6/4L80E

1976 CHEVY K5, 350/350, YUBA GOLD/SADDLE
zach_carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:37 AM   #3
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Check the price of the same CPP kit with Summit Racing and their free shipping.
Personally I would use ECE,...

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:44 AM   #4
C1ph3r

Thanks guys. With all the bad fitment issues I have read about spindles and ball joints, and a few I have read about their MC, I am a little leery.

I was going to go through Summit but they dont seem to have the same kit as The Truck Shop. The one from Truck Shop includes MC and booster. Its the same price as ECEs kit without a booster. And the savings on shipping. Thats a few hundred bucks right there. Was thinking it may be worth a roll of the dice.

I guess I can call Summit and see if maybe they have it and just maybe not on their site.

Then again, ECE seems to have such a great reputation I guess piece of mind is worth a little extra cash. Not sure I need a booster anyway.

Thanks again,
A.W.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:04 PM   #5
NVS-C10

I'd go with CPP.. I've been using CPP parts for many years and never had a problem with fitment or quality.. check out my build thread.. all CPP brake and suspension parts and some Captainfab brackets.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691690
NVS-C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:51 PM   #6
C1ph3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVS-C10 View Post
I'd go with CPP.. I've been using CPP parts for many years and never had a problem with fitment or quality.. check out my build thread.. all CPP brake and suspension parts and some Captainfab brackets.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691690
great build man. i am going to be following it closely. Some good news about CPP is maybe what I needed to hear. being able to get it all locally is a big plus for me. And all that cash I will save in shipping can really go to getting the truck on the road quicker.