The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-20-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
Medicanman71
Account Suspended

Talking WooHoo, i'm Flattered!

I'm sure some of you have had it before, but not me in a long time. My blazer probably spends 1% of it's "parked" life in public. When i got it i lived out in the country, up in north ca, no one around. Then i moved to another private gated entrance driveway/house. Now i live on the CA Central coast with my girl and i atleast have a private parking space which the blazer gets (the jeep stays out on the road!). Ok, well ,i get back after taking a spin on an excellent day yesterday, and my neighbor is in MY spot that CLEARLY says D, my apt. # on it. Oh Well, i wasnt really pissed or i would have dragged her stupid sh!t box out of my spot! Well it's nice out finally ,and i dont mind moving it again, so being the easy going guy i am, i just park it on the other side of the block (opposite the private reserved parking lot) because being parked on the road is closer to my door. I live on street "A" but "B" street is closer to my front door. Ok. Now the scene is set.

So i'm looking out the window every few moments, fell asleep late in the morning (no related to the truck's parking spot) and i just woke up now (haha college, i know) to give my girl a ride to some of her classes, in the jeep. We get back and don't you know it (NO the blazer wasnt stolen, No it wasnt smashed into! ) - but there's a note. A note on the front windshield. OK, so here's a note from the neighbor explaining herself ,right? Wrong!!!

Well i was just tickled pink. I'll have to atleast call "jon" back and tell him i think i'm going to be holding on to it a bit longer but thanks! On the other hand, "jon" probably only wants it for $1000.00 I hope he doesnt give me an offer i cant refuse

So how often do you guys get this treatment, when was the last time you found a note or were asked? I love when people ask/give compliments on my ride! This is a bit better then the guy (Which of you was it?) who got the "your truck is too load and wakes us up" note!

Last edited by Medicanman71; 04-20-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Medicanman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:38 PM   #2
JMac11

Re: WooHoo, i'm Flattered!

My fave story... 8yr old little boy makes his mom wait in the Walmart parking lot till I come out. Junior ask a jillion questions, all fairly serious. Mom was a hottie to boot. It was ruined when she said..... Your dad is waiting, we gotta go........ Its great to be cool even if its just with 3rd graders.
JMac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:20 PM   #3
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

I get someone asking me if I want to sell it about 2 times a month (weekly in the summer). Most don't want to pay anywhere near the value, and that isn't anywhere near what it would take for me to part with it.

Right after I bought my '69, some a$$hat tried to do me a favor and take it off my hands for $50. I explained that I had just paid $4,000 and it wasn't for sale. He thought he was cool.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:57 PM   #4
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Congrats, wait to you have a killer offer and are stuck w/ the should
I sell it, and if you don't, you keep asking yourself, should have I ???
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #5
jamie72

i think last year i drove my blazer to a swapmeet i was setup at and parked it in the spot,as i had enough room and didn`t want to walk a mile to park it, i had alot of people asking for a price, finally my good friend and board member,huck priced my truck to a guy for 10,000.00 i laughed till the guy started really looking at it..
then there was this woman with her husband, that really wanted my blazer,(but of course her husband said he wouldn`t have one if i gave it to him)
and started to give me a list of trucks and stuff she would trade me for my blazer..lol

member #807

http://www.myspace.com/whitetailobsession
www.antlertalk.com
jamie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
pound41

When I got my 1st blazer back in 1981 until I stopped driving it as my everyday truck in 1990 I had the console a couple inches thick of business cards of guys who wanted my truck and would say when you decide to sell it call me. Kind of funny most of these guys were corporate. Not what I would have thought as guys who wanted a 71 Blazer
pound41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:44 PM   #7
makovai

hmm...nobody asks to buy my blazer, but its broke so often that my wife tells me to sell it......Does that count?
3/4 ton, cross steer, 4 wheel disc brakes
1996 Z71 w/ 35's
makovai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:31 PM   #8
jakeslim
Premium Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pound41
When I got my 1st blazer back in 1981 until I stopped driving it as my everyday truck in 1990 I had the console a couple inches thick of business cards of guys who wanted my truck and would say when you decide to sell it call me. Kind of funny most of these guys were corporate. Not what I would have thought as guys who wanted a 71 Blazer
I'm corporate ......still i love my trucks and the work they take. I remember driving my 77 k5 to the corporate offices in NJ for my old job and it being quite lonely in a sea of BMWs etc.

77 K5 - 383, auto, 6" lift, D60 front, 14b rear, 39" tsl's,
jakeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:31 PM   #9
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

I'm corporate too. I drive my Blazer to the office every day. If I have to go to a meeting downtown, it can get difficult because it doesn't fit in most parking garages.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:41 AM   #10
local13hutch

I live in a tract home in heavy populated area and generally have atleast three or four gm trucks in the drive way, none of wich are for-sell and or run for that matter.but that doesn't stop people from gathering around and ''touchin- and -pokin'' at my collection of beauty's.Now I am a night worker and when this happens my wife comes in and says honey there's some guys out front ''in the yard'' lookin at ''your junk yard '' I mean truck's so then I get up after about 4 or 5 hours of sleep.And try to be as nice as possible.Now my wife aint stupid she only wakes me when they dont take ''not for sale'', for an answer. And some times there just scopin out what I've got that aint nailed down,if ya know what I mean. So I fixed this problem with a five foot wrought iron fence a pad lock and let my two best dog's out front ''BUCK-AND-CHUCK'' ya gotta lovem two pure white male pit bull's. Now they still look but from a distance.
72 3/4 ton sub 4x4
61 morris minor pickup, chevy 4.3 v6
03 escalade, 24" momo's wifes
96 2wd 2door tahoe
67 2wd suburban
72 4wd k5 99 vortec 14bolt/d60 205/th400- 72 4wd crewcab 1 ton sb cummins allison -2012 2ss camaro black hard top- 8 yamaha quads- 05 4wd one ton duramax dually, family limo.
local13hutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:36 AM   #11
pound41

Sorry if I offended the Coporates. Being in my teens and early 20's here in Metro D.C Some of these guys were coporate power an I used to think it was funny that they would want it. They were serious because they always talked money. It would end with let know/call me!
pound41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:11 PM   #12
krue
Designated A-hole!

ME TOO! Oh wait, you said flatter, I thought you said FATTER.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 07:40 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

I sold my`71 Blazer,finally,to the right person at the right time.I used to get people stopping by or leaving notes alot.It was just parked at the house,not by the road,and no "For Sale" sign on it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote