The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
diabloceto

Little help with installing 1406..

Okay I have a couple of questions before I can finish this bad boy off. I'm installing it on a 1972 Cheyenne with a 350.

I have all the vacuum lines hooked up but I have one line that has a T in it one end goes to the canister under the battery and the other goes to the little canister with wires coming out of it in this picture. Where do I hook this up at?

Also bought a Eldebrock kit for a kickdown bracket for the trans, does this thing just bolt into the holes for the old bracket?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Later...Richard
diabloceto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
john
member #16

Re: Little help with installing 1406..

That looks like the TCS solenoid. Most are disabled and removed. All they do is allow vacuum advance only in high gear and when engine is at operating temp. There will be a switch on your trans. Also a temp sender in pass side head if they are still there
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
diabloceto

Yes all of it is there, the guy I bought the truck from was the original owner and did little more than repair it and drive it. Only reason he sold it is because he can't drive anymore and wanted to see it go to a good home. So I can just take this out and disable it. The other side of the tee goes to that canister up underneath of the battery do I just cap that off?

Thanks for the help, sorry for all the questions just wanna make sure I get this bad boy running right.

Later...Richard
diabloceto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
john
member #16

Yep just remove and plug off. It looks like the vacuum advance was bypassed already. Follow the wires and you will find a relay you can unhook also. I think its on the driver side.
john is offline   Reply With Quote