The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2007, 01:40 AM   #1
tavenner13

Ate a little rice for lunch

i really try not to be a punk in my truck when im cruisin around town. i stay way off people's bumpers and im always super friendly to everyone who talks to me about the truck at stoplights. well it finally happened... some dude with a wannabee showcar coffecanned hunkajunk cut me off and slammed on his brakes right in front of me.. looking in his rearview and laughing about it afterwards. its really hard to get me the least bit agitated so i saw it as an oportunity to really open up big thirsty and let him run for the first time. i goosed the throttle and squealed the tires pretty good, just to let him know that he'd picked a fight. he inched forward and i goosed it even harder... i couldnt wait for the light to turn green lol (remember i was behind him). it finally did and i spun em real nice just for show and to let him think he was gonna leave me behind. i lifted off the throttle just enough to hook up and wheeled over into the next lane and got past him pretty easily. i had him by 3 or 4 lengths the entire way.... i had to let off a little to see if he was actually still trying lol... it would have been alot more if i hadnt started behind the guy and wasnt running a gimped up transmission. he gave me a decent run but its fun to blow the doors off a fancy schamncy rice burner in a two-ton american made HOSS

Last edited by tavenner13; 05-08-2007 at 10:29 PM.
tavenner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:52 AM   #2
Spray-Bomb
Texas Big Wig

Re: Ate a little rice for lunch

Hell yeah !!!!

I like rice... for lunch !

Remember my Bug ? well it will some day be a can of "Whoop Ass"... some day
I can't wait to see the look on somebodys face when they get beat by a lil ol bug... Muah ha ha ha !

Killer

Last edited by Spray-Bomb; 05-08-2007 at 01:53 AM.
Spray-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:05 AM   #3
GREASEMONKEY72

i hate all those damn tuners, they all drive the same...stupid, aka they cant

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:26 AM   #4
HeavyD

In my town cutting people off and laughing about it usually ends up with the "cutter" getting a beat down. Idiots everywhere out there.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:36 AM   #5
Wreckless_71

haha... I like rice too! I had My junior prom on saturday and some hotshot and a carload of guys pulled up next to me and my girlfriend. He looked over blew me a kiss (maybe it was for my date?) and revved his engine. It sounded like crap, besides the fact that he was bouncing off the rev limiter I think he was running an aresol can for a muffler. Well my girlfriend snapped a picture, I blew him a kiss back and the light turned green. I'm pretty sure you can guess the rest, but I'd just like to say I'm real proud of my girl because as soon as he revved his engine she just started laughing hysterically... after a year and 4 months I think I've got her turned on to classics...yes!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:45 AM   #6
krue
Designated A-hole!

That sounds like fun, fried rice.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:01 AM   #7
GREASEMONKEY72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckless_71 View Post
haha... I like rice too! I had My junior prom on saturday and some hotshot and a carload of guys pulled up next to me and my girlfriend. He looked over blew me a kiss (maybe it was for my date?) and revved his engine. It sounded like crap, besides the fact that he was bouncing off the rev limiter I think he was running an aresol can for a muffler. Well my girlfriend snapped a picture, I blew him a kiss back and the light turned green. I'm pretty sure you can guess the rest, but I'd just like to say I'm real proud of my girl because as soon as he revved his engine she just started laughing hysterically... after a year and 4 months I think I've got her turned on to classics...yes!

shes a keeper
(in goldmembers voice)

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
Old 05-08-2007, 05:01 AM   #8
GREASEMONKEY72

Wreckless_71 - so wheres the pic????

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
Old 05-08-2007, 05:22 AM   #9
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Rice is good,had a few bowls myself when ol' blue was on the road with the smallblock. When I get the bigblock stroker in it I might get charged with murder for sucking them through the the 850 Holley.

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:23 AM   #10
krue
Designated A-hole!

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #11
RACINJASON22
GEARHEAD

Those ricers will learn someday...well maybe not

The bad thing is when one of the old guys start messing with them and make them real fast.

BUT at least then they know how to drive.

RJ22

SUBSCRIBE HEREBOARD VENDORS HERE

NORWOOD MEET SURVIVOR!
RACINJASON22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #12
tavenner13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spray-Bomb View Post
Hell yeah !!!!

I like rice... for lunch !

Remember my Bug ? well it will some day be a can of "Whoop Ass"... some day
I can't wait to see the look on somebodys face when they get beat by a lil ol bug... Muah ha ha ha !
hahaha i know man that thing is gonna be SICK
tavenner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:14 PM   #13
sniperpix

Southern CA is filled with all these wanne-be "pimp my ride" HOnda's

My wife asked me .................................. is that a honda civic ?

I said MAYBE, but now its a Honda Moron
sniperpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:37 PM   #14
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #15
heavy71chevy

yea i drove my truck around in its original state for about a month and i used to enjoy the rice kids around here cause theyd start reving there little toy cars up next to my rusty ole truck and next thing you know id look over grin and lay down 100 foot of rubber lol and then they try to outrun it and before they knew what was up id hit 65-70..i love the expresion every time lol Them- "Dude that redneck just kicked our ass ! " Me-"what do you expect? my toaster has more hp that that rice burner"
heavy71chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:26 PM   #16
Frizzle Fry

Man I'm jealous!!! Those guys don't even try when they hear my 476 breathin through long tubes and flows out the side right in their ear.

I wish they would
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:44 PM   #17
JAKES 68GMC
Aluminum slot wheels rule...

I have a little rice story for you guys, not drag racing though. Over the winter during one of the snowstorms we had, a kid I know ran his Toyota pick-up into the ditch, in front of my driveway. I was in the shop working on something, and he comes in and says "Jake, I need a pull". So I grabbed a chain, and we both jumped into the GMC and rode up. I backed up to his truck, and said joking "Hook that chain right up to the trailer ball on your bumper". I figured he was smart enough to know that wasn't a good idea, but apparently he wasn't. So I jump back in the GMC, V6 sitting there rumbling, and he says "Go for it". I put her in 2nd and took off slow, but man, didn't I gave her hell. I floored it and was cranking 3000rpm, when I heard a loud SNAP! BANG! and then some skidding. I jumped out real quick, trying to hide my grin. He said "You damned retard, you ripped my f*cking bumper off!" "Hey" I said, "You hooked the chain up, not me." Then I did start laughing, which got him even more pissed off. I hooked the chain up around his axle then, and put the GMC in 1st and pulled him out nice and easy. He took off after that and didn't even say thank you. His bumper stayed in the ditch until the snow thawed, then it disappeared.
JAKES 68GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #18
Slammed70

This thread makes me miss my Camaro.

My brother-in-law is into the ricer scene and thinks his Beamer is hot ****, so I figured Id make him remember what American Muscle is and what it does. Well I just happened to have the Nitto Dragradials (big 325/45-15s) on from the weekend still. So were driving around, being kind of stupid, being loud(getting the stickys nice and warm). Well just like a scene from Fast and the Furious three black Hondas with green underlights come out of nowhere and start ****ing with me. So I **** back with them a bit and let them no my Z isnt at stock as it appears. So I speed off and stop at the stop light and reach back and open my bottle just incase...(you know, some of these things are kind of mean)

Im guessing the faster of the three pulls up next to me, and revs three times, I rev once and a car alarm a few blocks away goes off. The other two pull in behind him and I. They start revving too. Im Mad cuz I cant here my mighty LT4. Meanwhile my bro-in-law is about to nut himself over these ugly three cars.

I look over at the idiot...its some stupid kid whos trying to play Asian with his hair all spiked up, sunglasses, and a tattoo in Chinese on his neck. Hes smiles(he had diamonds and gold for teeth) and points at the light and nods. I smirk and shrug my shoulders. He revs some more...while Im putting her in first and just barely holding the side of the clutch pedal in with my foot, the cross traffic is finally starting to clear so I get on the gas a little(about 4500-4700 RPM) and hold it steady.

The second that light turns green I slide my foot of the clutch and mat the go fast pedal. Thanks to Zex I have a throttle activated nitrous, at WOT it shoots lots of go fast juice. The tires grab hard and the front end shoots into the air and I ride it for awhile. It dropped finally when I shifted into second, the tires chirp and it gets a little squirly, I glance down at the guages my Fuel pressure/air:fuel was crazy high. I let of for fear of detnation(I usually run 110-112 Vp when I did this at the track) I throw it into neutral and coast faster than the Honda is at its best.

A few blocks later I stop at the gas station and look under my car...it slammed back down hard. A guy in a Dodge pulls up next to me and tells me he was at the other side of the intersection and saw me yank the front wheels of the ground a good 2.5-3 feet and carry them all the way across the intersection. I showed him my car and talked a little, then I took my brother-in-law home and went and got some "quality time" in with my old lady.

A few weeks later my Bro-in-law bought an already done V8 S-10 blazer.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #19
Slammed70

Wow....damn, that turned out to be long.

The whole thing only took about 2-3 minutes....but its gonna take 15+ minutes to read.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:55 AM   #20
Wreckless_71

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREASEMONKEY72 View Post
Wreckless_71 - so wheres the pic????
haha... good question it's on her camera so I'll have her e-mail it to me!
Frizzle Fry, I've only got a 350 with sidepipes and they're hella loud I just can't imagine what a 476 must sound like. It's just real hard to take someone serious when they've got 4 pissed off squirrels under the hood and rattle can exhaust.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #21
Zonaman

Just to give you an idea where these rice mushin' bolt on babies are at- I was taking an auto tech class at a local community college and had the green machine in they bay with the hood up. Some little pimple faced "illustraded man" points his greasy finger at the carb and asks "What's that?"

Last edited by Zonaman; 05-09-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Zonaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #22
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Reminds me of a year or so ago when I had my 03 Chevy extended cab 1/2 ton short bed. The wife and I had dinner in town and was heading home. I was in the right lane at a stop light, and needed to get in the left lane pronto to make a left turn at the next light. A ricer with a Flogers can was next to me. As the other light turned yellow, I started creeping out, and got on it a little when it turned green. I could hear the elephant fart sound come alive next to me, so I got in it a little more. He finally went wide open, then I did to. I was easily able to get in front of him in time to hit the left turn lane without cutting him off

Guess what? He gets behind me to turn also! We make the turn, and he pulls up on my right side and holds steady for a bit. He starts lunging his a bit, and so do I. He goes WOT again, and so do I. All I can say is his lights got smaller and smaller.

He obviously did not know what I had under the hood, along with a computer tune, exhaust, and headers:
Attached Images

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE

Last edited by glock35ipsc; 05-09-2007 at 12:37 PM.
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:35 PM   #23
manimal

nice!
1999 Suburban K2500, 7.4, 4L80e
1980 Camaro..son's car...PROJECT
manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:06 PM   #24
70rs/ss

What did that little jewel cost, if you don't mind. I have a 6.0/4l80e and was thinking of super charging it. Nice ride, but you said used to have?? Is it gone, did you save any parts, I must know!!
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #25
Frizzle Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock35ipsc View Post
He obviously did not know what I had under the hood, along with a computer tune, exhaust, and headers:
Yeah baby
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote