The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
madaca

Today was a good day

I have been away for awhile but should be visiting more often. Ive been short on cash so my truck project has been going slow. Today I finally got a new distributor, rotor and cap. Went to start the truck up and what do you know....the son of a gun started right up without giving it any gas at all and it is running real smooth. Went to check the timing and I must of lucked out because it was lined up pretty near perfect. I am sure you all can imagine how happy I was to hear it start up like that and run so nicely. This weekend I will be installing brakes and brake cylinders all around then all I need is some tires and I can start driving it and working on cosmetic stuff. The truck belonged to my grandfather. It was given to me last year and I have replaced a few things....fuel pump, new valve covers, upgraded to 4 barrel carb, new manifold, air cleaner and coil and some other small stuff. My plans are to paint it all white with red and white interior. i want to keep it looking ol skool with some white wall tires later. Dont care for it to look show room perfect. I just want it to drive great and look decent. Will probably just get some used tires in two weeks for now so I can start driving it. I hope to drive it back to San Antonio and pull up in my grandfather driveway so I can show him that I got it running good and that it is not going anywhere. I am soooo happy how it is running. I feel like I have brought something important to me back to life.

I will keep you all updated especially after i do the brakes this weekend. Its gonna be a good weekend to work on the truck.
madaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
TwoFiftyShifter

Re: Today was a good day

Cool truck! Reminds me of my build, I got a new master cylinder going in and new brake lines as of now.... Keep us updated.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
joe231

very cool!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
very cool!
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #5
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Awesome I'm glad you're having some good luck with your truck. It's always a good feeling when things turn out good and you feel like you're making progress. Looks like you've got a decent truck to work with.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #6
cheavy metal

that is a very good day.sweet truck. I didnt get grandpas truck but its the truck I learned to drive standard, 3 on the tree.and it was a 66 gmc. way to go.
cheavy metal is offline   Reply With Quote