The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
courage 80

Biting the Bullet

Well,

I have a 1965 short bed stepside. We call the truck the silver bullet because I want to silver leaf the raised "bullet" on the hood.

I put a T-56 onto the SBC 350 that was already in there. I had the rear end re-geared and a posi put in. The truck really moves out now except my wife wound up frying my electrical by spinning donuts in our yard... long story short the truck is out of commission. I want to do the electrical, but I want to do the body work first so that I don't have to work around the electrical.

I have finally got the OK from the wife in order to buy the parts. I estimate about $4000 in parts and then it is time for paint.

I am looking at:
Fenders, floors, rocker panel (inner and outer), cab corners, wood bed, gas tank relocation, tailgate, roll pan, front bumper, weather stripping, complete wiring, new hydraulic clutch for the T-56, turn signal cam, heater levers, and a few other misc.

I would probably come out ahead just getting a donor truck, but I would rather not deal with piecing it together. I want to just buy all the parts and have the delivered. NOW THE CATCH.

Most places that I see do the free shipping for purchases over $1000, but this generally does not include the truck or over-sized freight (which the body panels all are). I haven't had a chance to call them as I am out of town on business and don't get done with work within their hours. I have been looking at LMC and Classic Parts.

So the question is: Does anyone know of one of the companies that does the free shipping? Recommendations for suppliers for the parts listed above?
courage 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
1964c-10

Re: Biting the Bullet

LMC offers free shipping on everything including oversize on orders above $1000
1964c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

If you haven't already done so check out the vendors on the forum first.

I also use truckandcarshop.com
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
andyh1956

most of the big suppliers will bring the parts you buy to a large swap meet. buy the stuff that has to ship truck then take your wife to the pate swap meet at ft worth tx the last week of april & pick up your trash & have a great time!
andy
andyh1956 is offline   Reply With Quote