The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
olblue1970

Blinker works but parking light doesn't

Hey Folks,

Really need some help here. I've been working on my 1970 Chevy c10 for the past 1 1/2 years...slowly restoring her. Well, I'm just about there, but have encountered an electrical problem. About 3 months ago, I had to park her and overhaul the engine, transmission ect. I also cleaned up and painted the engine bay, grill, bumpers ect. Well, I put the grill back on today, and the following problem cropped up.

All the lights work fine except the driver's side front parking light. When you pull the headlights on, it doesn't come on. Instead, the left turn signal inside the cab lights up solid green (no flashing). Blinkers both work fine. Put brand new blinker bulbs in today. What's even stranger is when I turn on the Hazard lights, the front parking lights flash back and forth in sequence....left, right, left, right, left, right...on and on.

I'm really wanting to get the state inspection sticker so I can drive her again, but I'm not sure if it will pass behaving this way. I told a friend of mine on the phone, and he said it sounded like a grounding problem to him. But, I don't know even where to start.

Any help greatly appreciated. (Also, see pics and video below.)

Thanks,

OlBlue1970

Here's a link to view a video of the back and forth flashing of my parking lamps when I turn on my Hazard switch.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kiq9lcbqo95zvye/VaCABYd-Av
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566713
olblue1970 is offline   Reply With Quote