The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-07-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
leddzepp

Body Panel Fitment

Unfortunately, I had a run in with a pole at the gas station the other day, and it looks like I am going to have to replace the passenger side bedside on my truck. Has anyone here used re-popped short wheel base bed sides? How is their fitment? Thanks in advance for the info.
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
greystoke

Re: Body Panel Fitment

I used one on my 69, it fit pretty well. I was expecting to have to work a lot more at lining it up than I did.

Dano
greystoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
leddzepp

Thanks greystoke...where did you purchase it? Do you know the name of the vendor that made it? What was the hardest part? Thanks again!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
greystoke

I got mine at Brothers, not sure where Riverside is in relation to them. I am in Surprise, Az and placed a big order with Classic Performance and did a roadie to Anaheim and saved a ton in shipping costs but that was when gas was cheaper. The only hard part is the bedside is big so it's easier with two people to work it. If you have a side on now pay attention to how it is attached and you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
leddzepp

Thanks greystoke...I am about 2 miles from Brothers trucks. I have had good and bad luck from them in the past...very hit and miss. Do you know who actually made the bedside (maybe conterpart or goodmark)? If not, I will call Brothers and ask them who the vendor is.
I do have both sides on now, and just need to replace the passenger bedside. Do you need shims or anything to do it? Paint prep? I will probably get it installed myself, and then take it to a body shop for them to finish and paint it. I appreciate your help!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
greystoke

I'm not sure of the specific vendor, the tooling for those should be pretty much the same and if you go pick it up at least you can pull it out of the box and inspect it. I've got a few damaged door skins from GMCPauls but must say they were great in taking care of it. Since it's going to the paint shop I'd just put it on and let them disassemble and paint the entire bed...assuming that is what your thinking.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #7
leddzepp

Thanks...I do not know of any "real" body shops around here. I do not know if Caliber Collision will disassemble, paint, then re-assemble it. Did you have to shim or anything when you put yours on?
Old 10-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #8
greystoke

no, I didn't have to do any shimming for the bed. Find out with your local shop. Remember you usually get what you pay for. Heck, maybe you may want to try painting it yourself. You never know, you may have the knack.