The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-14-2002, 09:15 AM   #1
HvyChevy454
Slowly getting CRSS...

what to do...?

ok when i began working on my truck 3 years ago a friend of mine got interested in 67-72 and that year he got a partially restored 72 Cheyenne 10 SWB. it was restored to the point where it was leagally driveable w/a complete interior ac not hooked up the standard 350/350 and a posi rear end. Him being 17 at the and ot spending any time on building it could not appreciate it liek it should of been and he quickly blew up the posi and the engine and tranny are pretty worn out and the paint is badly faded it was sad. in the span of 3 years he managed to trade a $1200 dirtbike for a 79 camaro w/ brand new 383 stroker in it. and get a 2002 silverado X-cab. Well now that he has had a steady job and is making descent money he wants to fix up his old truck. he came to me about this b/c he wants his shortbed to run w/ my LWB. And i think tha would be cool as hell cruisin up to the strip w/ 2 72 chevys. But he came to me about putting the 383 in his truck. I think it would be awesome after seeing the videos of 383 Stroker's truck but i worry how much and how long its gonna take him to get the truck to handle this engine. from what he told me its got a forged crank, forged aluminum rods, flat top pistons, a crane cam, roller lifters, roller rockers, aluminum heads, headers, aluminum intake, holley carb and the intake is drilled and tapped for nitrous too! Thats why i wonder if he should leave it in the car or put it in the truck cuz i fear w/ the time it would take to do it right he would loose interest and sell the truck at the only time i could not afford to buy it.
The Heavy Chevy Website
------------------
  • 72 Cheyenne 10 LWB GM 12-bolt 3.08 w/ Auburn Posi
    91 454 Edel Performer RPM Intake 750 cfm carb Comp Cam 268/.495 Hedman Headers Dual 3'' Exhaust
  • 71 Cheyenne 20 4x4 Fact. A/C PS PB Tilt Currently in the works...
Speak Softly and Carry A Big Block...
There is No replacement for Displacement...
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

HvyChevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote