The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
1971BB427

My '69 Suburban

Not really a project, as it was pretty close to done when I got it, but still a number of little things that remained loose ends.
The heater controls were all broken, so got a kit from Classic and installed that, along with a new sw.
Radio was not hooked up, and wrong also. Installed a new Sony CD player, and at the same time I built new cargo area side panels to mount speakers in.
The glove box insert was gone, so picked up a NOS insert locally, and got it in.
Tires were Toyo crap, so had a new set of Hancook hi mileage 80k mile tires installed.
Dome light didn't work, so today I found no lamp, and put it in. That got it working with the dash sw., but still not with the doors. Pulled the door switches, and found two bad, and the 3rd door not even a wire! Replaced all three, and snuck a wire into the rear door to connect it to the new sw. They all work now.
With all the dome light switches working I'll install the alarm system soon, so it stays home at night!
Still need to find a decent pair of bucket seats to fit it. Don't care for the ones that are in it now. Also need to pick up the "Chevrolet" emblem for the tailgate. Someone shot some rattlecan paint on the tailgate in spots, and it's way darker, so once I get it sanded down I'll get out the gun and shoot the tailgate again to match.
Need to wire in a plug to match the trailer too, so I can haul the gasser when I'm taking it out of town. It's got a good receiver hitch, but somebody took the plug off.

Last edited by 1971BB427; 03-08-2011 at 09:35 PM.
1971BB427 is offline   Reply With Quote