The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #1
Clrussell

69 4x4 burb daily driver

Hey guys, I've been around here a while just never said much. Thought I would start a thread on my burban. I've had it about about 6 months and drove it around every now and then. Well I sold my duramax and have decided to do a few things to the burb and drive it. I traded into it this suburban, I've had my 71 truck for about 10 years now and love these style trucks.

Anyway to get ya up to date on it. It's a 69 k10, 4x4, 4 speed, Rockwell t-case, factory 292.

Had 350 swapped into it which runs great. New fuel tank and lines, new dash pad, new rubber floor mat to the cargo area, all the gauges work except speedo.

Im trying to do this as cheap as possible so I'm trading for most of the parts I have.

So far I've traded for camper special 14 bolt/ dana 44 combo, got a free 700r4 and mating t case (208?) and I've swapped for a 454 with 50k on it.

The 700r needs rebuilt so I plan to do all the upgrades to it to try and make it last. Is it possible behind a stock 454 with an rv cam? It will be towing my boat about 100-200 miles every weekend and drove to work daily. I don't plan on wheeling it or beating on it just driving it.

I've bought disc brake brackets from ruff stuff industries for the 14 bolt, and the power brake booster adapter from captain fab on here.

How direct is a 454 swap where the 350 is currently? I plan to keep the 350 for the wife's 62 her grandpa gave her.

Here's the pictures if they will work, I'm probably going to post 90% of everything from my iphone so bear with me
Attached Images