The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #1
93FatBottom

TBI fuel sender wiring, sender to ECM harness connector?

I'm working on an LS swap plan and I'm looking for the three wire connector to plug the TBI fuel sender harness to the truck harness. I would like to make it plug and play with my 1979. Does anyone know how to do this/have part numbers? I went junk yarding and EVERY single last K5 and Suburban had their's hacked out already -.-;;

It would me much appreciated, guys!
93FatBottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
Greenlee

Re: TBI fuel sender wiring, sender to ECM harness connector?

I might have what you need. I have most of a TBI harness in my garage from a 1990 suburban. Are you looking for the plug for the fuel pump? Do you have a picture of what you are looking for?
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
93FatBottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee View Post
I might have what you need. I have most of a TBI harness in my garage from a 1990 suburban. Are you looking for the plug for the fuel pump? Do you have a picture of what you are looking for?
I don't have a picture unfortunately. I need the plug that connects the sending unit to the truck. I haven't gotten my TBI sending unit yet. I'm looking to make my TBI sending unit plug and play for my 1979 truck. If you have it, can you post a picture or two of your harness where it plus into the sending unit? I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row. The K5 is currently in a friends yard for storage but shes getting registration and new tires soon and after that she'll be home. I'm looking to work from the rear forward. She'll have a TBI tank and sending unit, the 381 pump and now I just need to figure out how to plug it all in.
93FatBottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #4
Greenlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93FatBottom View Post
I don't have a picture unfortunately. I need the plug that connects the sending unit to the truck. I haven't gotten my TBI sending unit yet. I'm looking to make my TBI sending unit plug and play for my 1979 truck. If you have it, can you post a picture or two of your harness where it plus into the sending unit? I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row. The K5 is currently in a friends yard for storage but shes getting registration and new tires soon and after that she'll be home. I'm looking to work from the rear forward. She'll have a TBI tank and sending unit, the 381 pump and now I just need to figure out how to plug it all in.
I'm not sure what you need. I have bits and pieces of the harness. Are you needing the plug that goes to the fuel pump / sending unit on top of the gas tank?

Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #5
MalibuSSwagon

It's a GM weatherpack connector. Should be 2 pin.

Get on ebay and buy a kit, comes with the tool for under $80 if you shop around.
MalibuSSwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:53 PM   #6
Just call me Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuSSwagon View Post
It's a GM weatherpack connector. Should be 2 pin.

Get on ebay and buy a kit, comes with the tool for under $80 if you shop around.
That's what the ones (dual tanks) on my '87 look like. Power and sender, ground is separate and bolts to the frame.
Just call me Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:13 PM   #7
hatzie

^^ Weatherpak connectors are extremely common as are the proper crimp and extraction tools. The actual connector shell part #s are in the GM wiring diagrams.
Get parts & tools from Mouser Electronics, Del City, The Electrical Depot, and Waytek Wire among others... Even Amazon.
1972 Ford F250 FE390, NP435/NP205 SOLD
1976 Chevy K20, 6.5L, NV4500/NP208 SOLD
1986 M1008 CUCV SOLD
2000 GMC C2500, TD6.5L, NV4500
2005 Chevy Silverado LS 2500HD 6.0L 4L80E/NP263
2009 Impala SS LS4 V8

RTFM... GM Parts Books, GM Schematics, GM service manuals, and GM training materials...Please include at least the year and model in your threads. It'll be easier to answer your questions.
And please let us know if and how your repairs were successful.

Last edited by hatzie; 12-08-2014 at 11:01 AM.
hatzie is offline   Reply With Quote