The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
OleSenna
Roof: Bad. Sky: Good.

Need help on a couple of projects, please.

Howdy, folks. I finally have a little time off and space to work in, so I'm thinking about a couple of small projects for my '72 K5.

Name:  Resized sideview.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  104.7 KB

Project #1: I want to remove the lift kit and drop the truck to at least stock height. I'm starting with a Skyjacker 2.5" all spring lift with Pro Comp shocks. No blocks in rear, new springs used from Skyjacker. Polyurethane shackle bushings in frame and leaf springs. Will not be replacing wheels or tires.

Name:  Undercarriage front.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  30.4 KB

I'm a newbie at this, so I'm asking for some veteran's troubleshooting tips and advice. What issues should I be looking for? Is this just an unbolt/replace/bolt up procedure? Am I going to be removing a leaf or otherwise messing with the leaf springs at all? What part of the assembly actually determines the height adjustment? I did not install the lift kit myself and do not have any "spare" parts. Am I going to be missing any parts from the stock setup?

This is strictly for street use, in fact, it's my daily driver. As far as replacement shocks go, what types/brands/specs have people been happy with?

Project #2: Replace weatherstripping around both doors. Would like to purchase good stuff from a board member. Any suggestions or installation tips?

Thanks in advance for your input.