The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
forestb

CPP front drop coils

I am looking at getting a pair of CPP 2.5 inch front drop coils and was wondering if anybody has used these and how accurate the 2.5 inches is? and does that include the coils settling?
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
S-31

Re: CPP front drop coils

Just my experience but i ordered the 3" front springs from cpp and they only lowered the truck a little over an inch. Even after a month of driving/settling they came down to about 1 3/4 inches of drop total. Ive talked to a couple of people about it and they said my original springs were probably settled a bit over time and thats why i didnt get a full 3", which would make sense, but before i put the 3" springs on i had measured a few trucks at stock height and my truck was about an inch taller in front than the tallest one of them. My solution was to cut another coil out and after cutting the coil and another month or so of driving it settled down to around 4" total drop. I also put the 5" rear springs on when i did the front and after a couple months of driving i ended up with about 6" total drop in the rear.
S-31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
blackmopar

same issue - barely dropped my front end at all - im too lazy to remove em and cut em
blackmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
Malibob

Me too. I had s-10 springs that I used. Got me down lower, but not low enough. Hence the air!!!

Flickr
Malibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #5
63whoopie

Mailbob- s10 springs? Somehow I've never heard of this trick. I know abt using grand Cherokee springs, but what out of an s10 works?
63whoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
Malibob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63whoopie View Post
Mailbob- s10 springs? Somehow I've never heard of this trick. I know abt using grand Cherokee springs, but what out of an s10 works?
My front springs were almost identical to S-10 front springs. I had a set of lowering springs for an S-10 and threw them in the c-10 then cut some coils out to get to the desired height. The ride was much better as the S-10 springs are softer than the CPP ones. I had both in the front of the truck at different times.

Flickr
Malibob is offline   Reply With Quote